Back End Developer
- Madison, WI
This is a DIRECT HIRE POSITION.
Back-End Software Engineer (Remote)This person will be responsible for setting technical direction, driving, and making key decisions around the architecture, technical design, development, and implementation of web-based software development projects of varying size and complexity. Along with significant and proven technical expertise, this role requires good leadership, mentorship, and strong communication skills.
Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Actively participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Focus on coding and debugging.
- Set short to medium-term strategic technical direction.
- Cultivate a track record of improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across services.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Build a high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Create sustainable and functional web applications with clean code.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
- Sought out by other team members for technical guidance and readily mentors others.
- Learn about new technologies and stay up to date with current best practices.
- Communicate company technology externally via talks and blog posts.
- Facilitate continuous learning and professional development.
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required in Computer Science or related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; and 3+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- 5+ years of experience in a software development role
To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Proven expertise in back-end technologies such as .NET, SQL Server, Node.js, PostgreSQL, PHP, and MySQL.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages, test-driven development patterns and techniques, database design, and optimization tools.
- Experience working with cloud service providers like AWS and Azure.
- Knowledgeable of front-end technologies and platforms, such as React/Angular, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Proven experience creating user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Can effectively perform detail-level planning, functional and unit testing, and implementation.
- Can plan, estimate, and track work accurately and efficiently, and report on team performance in estimation and tracking as needed.
- Proven ability to develop performant, scalable, and maintainable client/server, or distributed applications.
- Collaborative and flexible team member and leader who can work effectively and productively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
Thursday, June 9, 2022