Vice President Commercial/C&I Credit Underwriter
- Greensboro, NC
This position is typically assigned loans of high credit levels and complexity.
LOCATION, CHARLOTTE, NC
- Compiles and reviews information regarding guarantors and the borrowing company’s financial history and current condition.
- Oversees spreading of financial statements and tax returns; conducts comprehensive analyses to determine the degree of risk involved and profitability of extending credit or lending money, such as cash flow, trend and industry analysis.
- Prepares underwriting packages; communicates results and recommendations in a written narrative.
- Monitors and updates pipeline and other department reports; communicates with relationship managers on status of pending requests.
- Reviews underwriting loan packages completed by credit analyst staff for accuracy and completeness. This includes reviewing the spreads, narrative, cash flow, grade sheet, loan memo and other worksheets necessary to complete the loan package.
- Maintains physical and electronic credit files; prepares and retrieves documentation for audits, exams and reviews.
- Assists in the interface between all departments concerned to ensure efficient workflow and scheduling related to preparation of Loan Summaries, Closings, Amendments and Reviews.
- Works with the Relationship Managers and Credit Administration advising them of the credit risks inherent in loans being proposed and of the relevant loan policies, precedents, concentration risks, and related topics.
- All other job duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of lending and credit risk management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Solid technology and internet skills, including intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, SharePoint and Excel) and ability to navigate financial software applications.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial data and identify trends.
- Good attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills; demonstrated ability to make sound business judgments.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, including technical writing abilities..
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to make difficult autonomous decisions.
- Negotiation skills.
- 5-10 years’ experience as a portfolio manager or comparable experience
- The incumbent should also be knowledgeable of business development/marketing, and the loan application process which include accepting applications, gathering any necessary information and processing any applicable documentation in order to successfully package a loan application. Experience in handling and processing commercial loan packages.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics.
Monday, June 4, 2018