Mortgage Production / Sales Manager
- Greensboro, NC
Mortgage Lending Manager -
Responsibilities: Primary duties include promoting a sales and service culture in all aspects of Mortgage Real Estate Lending. Develop and implement strategies to ensure production and service goals are achieved. Project and forecast future needs and performance. Retool strategies as necessary to meet these needs. Maintain above average working knowledge of the real estate market and the Credit Union’s competition with regards to technology, service and pricing
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to be in compliance with changing regulations and investor guidelines. Ensure loans meet secondary market guidelines, unless otherwise allowed by loan policy. Ensure exceptions are identified and tracked to ensure loans could be pooled and sold at a later date. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of loan policy, real estate loan policy and loan authority limits. Anticipate future needs and weigh future impact of decision making. Make decisions on processing and funding exceptions to protect the Credit Union’s interests.
- Recruit, develop, train, cross-train, coach, and motivate staff. Make hiring and termination recommendations. Ensure staff has appropriate resources to complete job functions with effectiveness and efficiency. Develop and maintain training materials. Ensure staffing remains appropriate for business needs and service level achievement.
- Ensure all loans adhere to credit union, investor guidelines as well as state and federal lending regulations. Complete periodic audit reviews of loan files. Identify weaknesses and take advantage of opportunities.
- Participate in marketing campaigns. Provide meaningful input in marketing strategies. Track the success of specific campaigns.
Requirements: Five years to eight years of Mortgage Leadership and Product related experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or related field preferred but may be substituted by extensive related experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize workload for self and others.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability to make lending decisions and translate guidelines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high volume, work environment.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and manage conflict.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, even when delivering unfavorable information.
- Good organizational skills to manage staff and multiple ongoing projects.
- Possess a complete working knowledge of mortgage loan underwriting concepts, techniques, terminology and regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner support and collaborate with others; possess strong interpersonal skills, even in difficult or complex situations.
- Identify needs, make recommendations, complete programing requests and testing with applicable software systems.
Thursday, May 31, 2018