Mortgage Sales Manager/ Producing
- Williamsburg, VA
Retail Mortgage Sales Manager/Producing
Base Salary+ Personal Production+ Team Overrides
Regional Bank is honored to be a top Lender in the Mortgage sector and is focused on growing our market share in the states we currently operate. We are currently hiring a talented Producing Sales Manager who proactively identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. External relationships are the cornerstone of generating new business and may consist of realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts
Responsible for managing and directing the work for a team of Residential Lending Specialists, Residential Lending Assistants and/or Junior Residential Lending Specialists. Primary function is to serve as a sales manager developing and implementing sales strategies to encourage sales growth and to grow loan sourcing channels within a local market.
- Responsible for generating a minimum of $100 million per year in team annual production.
- Responsible for 10 million annual personal production.
- Recruit, develop and manage quality sales team that generates quality loans compliant with company policies and procedures. Maintain a broad understanding of products, guidelines and pricing strategies.
Responsible for developing mortgage lending business by building relationships with those who refer potential customers to seek counsel and advice from the Bank.
- Assures that customers and potential customers are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Sells and cross-sells Bank products and services.
- Coordinates sales meetings, trains staff, and implements policy and procedures.
- Works with the Mortgage LOB Management to achieve corporate goals of increased customer (bank/mortgage) relationships.
- In addition to managing a team, incumbents in this job are responsible for personal production.
- You will be responsible for interviewing new and existing customers to determine their loan needs and advising those customers of appropriate products, terms, and pricing, while gathering any additional required information. It will be necessary to generate complete mortgage applications, ensuring appropriate procedures and policies are followed, while meeting sales goals and objectives.
- Manage sales team to ensure development of relationships with Real Estate Brokers, Developers, CPA's and other referral sources to obtain mortgage leads.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and BASIC DUTIES
- Markets and promotes products and services to a client base of realtors, builders, bank officers, past and potential new clients.
- Creates a comprehensive business plan that ensures achievement of volume and profit objectives for self and team.
- Assists team with terms and pricing of loans.
- Exercises excellent communication skills, to include; handling multi-tasking of duties, face to face sales opportunities, and/or converting telephone and on-line leads into loan applications and closings.
- Coaches and guides loan officers on team in all aspects of loan prospecting, making loan proposals, and closing mortgage loan deals.
- Uses Bank provided resources and tools to grow a team of mortgage loan professionals.
- Uses skills and experience to demonstrate the ability to understand documentation required by products and loan programs.
- Responsible for taking complete and accurate loan applications, gathering customer financial data, and pre-qualifying borrowers.
- Uses time management skills in order to maximize production for self and team.
- Responsible for being a team leader and instilling those same qualities in other team members. \
- Responsible for submitting complete loan packages in order to shorten loan approval times and provide excellent customer service.
- Responsible for leading team by example when submitting quality files and supporting documentation.
- Guides and develops the team by; coaching, developing and inspiring team member to maximize their potential.
- Appraises performance by providing feedback as needed, as well as formal written performance and salary reviews in accordance with Bank policy.
- Communicates all changes in mortgage products to team.
- Participates in required training and has the responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Stays abreast of Bank products and services; recognizes opportunities to recommend Bank products and services and makes customer referrals to the appropriate staff members.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
A minimum of 7 years experience in mortgage banking. Requires sales and sales management experience as well as excellent communications skills.
- Five or more years experience in sales management.
- Minimum 5 years mortgage management experience.
- Proven record of recruiting success.
- Proven track record in personal generating loan production volume of$10 million
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of mortgage processing operations for all loan product types. Must be well versed in FHA, VA, and USDA guidelines. Current knowledge of all compliance regulations (RESPA, MDIA, TIL, REG Z, ECOA, etc.)
- Excellent sales presentation and marketing skills.
- Excellent written, organizational and communication skills required.
- Must have FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and Private Institutional Investor product experience. Experience with automated underwriting systems (DU and LP).
- Referral network required.
- Successful candidate must meet and comply with all requirements for Mortgage Loan Originators set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the NMLRS.
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision. Knowledge of management techniques and skills required to enhance the performance of the team is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Must be proficient on a computer. Must be detail oriented, accurate, and able to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines. Must be able to manage a team that maintains accuracy during high volume periods and completes work in a timely manner. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, sales ability, and time management skills. Must have valid driver’s license and NMLS number.
- Risk management experience is a plus.
- Is registered and maintains active,
- sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements..
Monday, June 4, 2018