Accounting Department Supervisor/ Team Lead
- N Charleston, SC
Directs and manages the operations of the Accounting Department, ensuring Accounting Principles are followed, Accounting Specialists meet organizational goals in financial, operational, service and growth plans, and that the department produces timely and accurate data for decision-making. As a Leader of the department is able to back up the Controller and run the department without significant disruption.
- Administer workload of the team; resolve system and processing issues as they occur.
- Lead the team in processing monthly General Ledger closing.
- Generate general ledger banking and cash reconciliation(s) obtaining the inventory of bank statements and activity statements.
- Manage US GAAP monitoring sources for guidance on current banking and cash management topics, including consolidated requirements.
- Coordinate with branch and operations teams to identify problems and procedural issues and can be augmented or eliminated to improve operations.
- Administer training and development of the team members; develop goals, measurements and standards based on department goals.
- Research and recommend strategic and tactical changes in work processes to improve the level and quality of documents received and to improve timeliness of payments received and credited to accounts.
- As a Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.
- Team oversight and leadership responsibilities required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have the ability to get along well with co-workers and members.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Must be able to retain confidential information and make professional decisions.
- Must possess staff management and development skills which include selecting and training team members for specific job functions.
- Strong analytical skills are required
Two to five years similar or related experience
Thursday, April 5, 2018