Vice President, Commercial Loan Officer
- Lexington, SC
The Commercial Loan Officer assumes the overall responsibility, development and management of their loan portfolio and participates in the development and recommendation of overall loan objectives, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a quality loan portfolio with an emphasis on companies with revenues between $1.5 million to $25+ million, obtaining deposits and services along with building strong customer relationships.
- Proficient in accepting, processing and analyzing credit applications. Other duties include obtaining credit reports, closing loans, issuing adverse action letters, handling loan documentation and maintenance, and the collection of delinquent loans.
- Review and prepare loan packages and obtain insurance as needed. Loan types handled can be commercial; construction or owner occupied real estate.
- Ongoing monitoring of loan portfolio involving clearing collateral exceptions, obtaining updated financial statements and preparing loans for charge-off. Makes recommendations to management on procedural improvements.
- Develops broader knowledge base of commercial and other products and services, including loan policy, documentation, structuring and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to meet or exceed objective concerning business development calls and monthly loan goals.
- Monitor loan rates.
- Assist in mentoring employees, to include credit analysis, financial spread sheet preparation and underwriting.
- Ensures that own work, as well as work of any employees supervised, is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Execute a call program to develop new and existing customer relationships and to identify potential customers and develop prospect lists.
- Collect and maintain financial information on borrowers and interact with customers to ensure that all banking needs are being met.
- Sell and cross-sell other bank products and services in a profitable manner.
- Works with branch officers to solicit consumer loans and deposit accounts.
- Prepare correspondence, commitment letters, and loan memorandums and associated documents as required.
- Participate in community organizations and projects.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Essential Education, Skills and Experience (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- Six (6) to ten (10) years of commercial lending experience in a bank or financial institution.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a sales driven environment.
- Possess excellent product knowledge and organizational skills.
- Ability to make knowledgeable loan decisions based on information supplied by the customer verified through a rigorous underwriting process.
- Proven track record with sales and new business development in conjunction with meeting/exceeding individual and team sales goals.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time with minimum direct supervision.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulatory compliance.
- Proficient computer skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Monday, April 30, 2018