Market President, Commercial Banking
Regional Community Bank
- West Columbia, SC
Commercial Banking/ Market ExecutiveLeadership role with a growing Regional Banking Group.This leadership role, Administers and coordinates the activities of the Market offices engaged in full service functions (deposits and lending). Aggressively pursues new business opportunities. Originates commercial loans and is responsible for the Bank’s reputation and position in the assigned community. Works closely with mortgage and retail staff and ensures appropriate teamwork. Assists the Bank in designing, implementing and executing overall Bank policies and procedures.This position is expected to source a minimum of 75%% of business from outside. High level of personal monthly loan production, spending approximately 60% to 70% of time outside of office engaged in business development and consultation activities with clients, builders, business owners and other referral sources.
QualificationsExperience: Seven-ten years-experience of professional level banking in a medium to large sized commercial bank. Experience should include mortgage lending, business/commercial lending, consumer lending, business development and marketing, and bank management. Must be bondable. Demonstrated ability to understand and use Bank loan policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.Skills:
Knowledge: Four-year degree in business, finance or related field. Demonstrated knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and lending practices. Thorough knowledge of all Bank business lending and deposit products. Demonstrated knowledge of credit analysis functions and related requirements and procedures. Successful completion of Bank training program(s) for lending (depending on experience and background as a lender).
- Demonstrated by effective business relationships and production.
- Skilled professional networker.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions.
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Sales and service aptitude and ability.
- Competent computer skills utilizing office and banking applications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Earns quick creditability.
- Outgoing nature with excellent skills at building and maintaining relationships.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive way.
- Effective team member and demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and the general public in a positive, problem solving manner.
- Ability to listen to and convey accurately and quickly, detailed information, important instructions and/or ideas.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Technically savvy and efficient in completion of work
- Promotes the growth and prosperity of the Region/Division by professionally serving the needs of customers.
- Maintains an aggressive program to call on prospective commercial customers and trains and develops other staff members to do the same.
- Plans and implements the area’s strategy for additional penetration into the local market for loans, business deposits and treasury management services within the Bank strategy and philosophy.
- Actively participates in all activities associated with business development efforts for city/county.
- Participates in local community activities including serving on community and regional boards.
- Develops the full potential of subordinate staff, assuring continuity of management and operations, as applicable.
- Researches competitive practices in the region. Reviews marketing strategies and makes recommendations to Chief Banking Officer.
- Originates loans and makes pre-qualification determinations. Optimizes the best type of financing arrangements for both parties.
- Supervises the preparation of loan packages assuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Maybe required to participate and direct local advisory/affiliate board meetings.
- Supervises staff assuring compliance with all laws and regulations. Provides atmosphere to allow for positive and productive work environment. Assists team with career development.
- Develops and maintains personal loan pipeline.
- Works with Credit Analysts to facilitate review and processing of loans.
- Responds timely to customer inquiries concerning active loans and Bank loan offerings and related business.
- Cross sells appropriate deposit products.
- Provides loan status reports to management as requested.
- Manages loan portfolio and ensures appropriate process is followed on delinquent accounts.
- Undertakes special assignments as requested.
Tuesday, May 1, 2018