SVP Strategic Planning/ People Management
Regional Community Bank
- Florence, SC
The SVP People Managment/ Strategic Planning Officer is responsible for the oversight and execution of the Bank’s Human Resources function, including developing business strategies and providing leadership as the BANKstrives to grow and fulfill its mission. The SVP collaborates with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Board of Directors and senior leadership to build, reinforce, and safeguard the organizational culture to exceed our customers’ and employees’ expectations. As a key strategist and functional leader, the SVP influences by providing a vision and value proposition for Human Resources and by providing advice, counsel and guidance to create an enduring, highly-productive, ethical, engaged, customer-focused and results-oriented organization.
MUST HAVE DIRECT BANKING OR FINANCIAL SERVICES EXPERIENCE
- Responsible for Leading the Human Resources and Marketing teams to deliver an incredible customer experience. As a member of the executive team also provides direction with respect to strategic planning, and the allocation of resources to achieve strategic objectives.
• Responsibilities include company strategic planning, customer relationship management, marketing, design and management of deposit products and programs, customer communication channels, public relations, customer communications, events management and sales effectiveness, sales campaigns, reporting and sales coaching support to the CEO
*Maintains a HR function that executes with accuracy and efficiency and delivers value in support of the Bank’s strategic plan.
*Develops and executes an effective Internal Communications Plan that:
Informs and energizes the employees,
*Continuously builds our culture and,
*Communicates the Bank’s strategic plan, how each person’s job contributes to the execution of the plan and the quarterly results achieved.
- As a member of the Executive Management team, responsibilities included all aspects of human capital management practices and policies.
- Implement a compensation philosophy and strategy based on aligning company profitability with individual contribution..
- Enhance performance management processes and tools which improved employee and management accountability.
Implemented a high performance employee development approach focused on role clarity, coaching, goal setting and just in time training. This approach was taken to maximize a limited development budget.
- As a member of the executive team also provides direction with respect to strategic planning, and the allocation of scare resources to achieve strategic objectives for this Consumer Retail and Commercial Community bank
- Chairs the Innovation and Implementation Team which manages projects and assignment of resources to strategic projects.
•Implemented customer complaint management program to enhance customer retention
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and stewardship of progressive and scalable HR
- principled leadership
- employee relations
- talent management and development
- health and wellness offerings
- HRIS and
- effective execution of all related operational and compliance requirements.
- Establishes and implements human resources plans and strategies that support the achievement of the Bank’s vision and strategic plan.
- Drives the development of strategic total rewards offerings, programs and practices, ensuring market competitiveness by considering relevant trends and returns on investment. Develops recommendations and advocates support for improvements and changes, as appropriate.
- Responsible for overall Executive and Director’s compensation plan philosophy, design elements, practices and creation of employment, compensation, change in control and other agreements, for periodic review and approval.
- Responsible for staying current with compensation related SEC reporting, governance and regulatory requirements and changes
- Manages and builds support for the organization’s diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Serves as a talent architect promoting succession and workforce planning at all levels with an emphasis on making the Bank’s vision known, involving high potential leadership successors in strategy conversations to understand the organizational objectives and preparing individuals to acquire the necessary skills to advance; with additional focus on developing talent bench strength and providing ongoing and constant coaching, development experiences and mentoring of leadership and talent at all levels to foster ethical, high-performing and engaged teams.
- Leads commitment to the Bank’s reputation as a Top Place to Work through regular listening and response through employee feedback surveys, action-planning and follow-though for improvement.
- Functions as a tactical business advisor to the CEO, senior management and the Compensation Committee as it pertains to overall human resources, compensation, compliance, talent management, succession planning and mergers and acquisitions.
- Advocates long-term success through growth, a positive company reputation and favorable financial performance by encouraging ongoing learning, aligning goals with the business strategies and honoring team behaviors that are consistent with the core values.
- Oversees the preparation and reporting requirements for: governmental agencies, external and internal auditors, fiduciary and insurance service providers and internal departments, as needed.
- Integrates all HRIS functions for efficient data management and reporting, assuring we are meeting the reporting needs of the Bank.
- Acts as a liaison to the Bank’s employment legal counsel on various matters.
- Manages, updates and implements Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity programs. Oversees the completion and filing of regulatory compliance reports on federal, state and local levels.
- Actively promotes the Bank’s brand, internally and externally, and serves as a business leader and partner through participation in community-based and professional organizations.
- Understands and embraces the usage of technology in the human resource profession, and will actively create new efficient and user-friendly processes that leverage the power of digital technology, social media, cloud applications and analytics. The CHRO will use clear process metrics to gauge success in their innovation and automation programs.
- Advanced understanding of HR and banking including: industry regulations, labor trends, strategy development, planning and policy design, interpretation and application
- Professional or Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR or SPHR) or similar designation preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Knowledge and experience with change management in a growing, publically traded company.
- Has thorough knowledge and proven experience with HR systems, design, analysis, software, and reporting.
- Experience working with a $1 billion to $5 billion financial services organization.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills that are ethical, flexible, nimble and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Capable of influencing others and offering insights on people, culture and business strategies.
- Effective communication to share key HR insights with senior leaders, the Board of
- MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- HRIS (UltiPro or similar)
- Learning Management System
- Core Processing Banking Applications
- Minimum of ten years progressively responsible experience with a strong understanding and demonstrated application of Human Resources including the ethical, legal, compliance considerations in a publically traded company
Monday, May 7, 2018