Manager Commercial Loan Closing
SVI Recruiting Group
- Raleigh, NC
- Daily coordinates and when necessary performs the document preparation function of the Loan Closing Department to include complex Commercial Portfolio loans.
- Primary functions include directing all loan closing activities, developing loan closing team through hands on guidance and coaching and making risk-based decisions to protect the bank while balancing client needs.
- Ensures department adherence to all regulatory guidelines, Paragon’s internal loan procedures, and all other applicable laws, policies and procedures relating to document preparation.
- Responsible for the growth and development of the loan closing coordinator team while remaining available to answer questions and educate.
- Make independent risk-based decisions when necessary to ensure loans are processed timely and that all regulatory guidelines are being met.
- Act as liaison between the LCC team and the CRC/CDO team as well as processors and the Credit Department.
- Perform loan closing responsibilities when necessary to keep pace with volume. Inputs new complex Commercial loans with overall responsibility relating to document preparation utilizing various closing process software systems. Adheres to policies and procedures as well as Federal & State laws and regulations, and perfection of security interests on all such loans:
- Completes accurate complex loan documentation packages within departmental established time frames.
- Works with Commercial Relationship Officers , Client Relationship Coordinators , Attorneys and various internal departments and outside agencies to determine the proper course of action to document, review and/or collateralize loans.
- Responsible for the timely passing of executed loan packages upon receipt from the CROs and attorneys.
- Receives and analyzes data from various service provides (survey, insurances, flood determination/certifications, title commitment/binder, etc.) to identify issues that could impact closing.
- Responsible for the document preparation of Loan Modifications and renewals.
- Responsible for the accurate use of the Loan Documentation System, and a resource for testing and knowledgebase.
- Funds loan closings and organizes files to be sent to the Loan
Accounting / Document Processing team.
- Acts as a resource for training new hires and available for questions and processing knowledge, or other additional duties as may be assigned by Credit Administration.
- Partners with the Documentation Review staff to assist staff in corrections to loan documentation and/or exceptions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments without supervision.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills to effectively deal with various levels of internal and external vendors/clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Must have the ability to adapt to constant change.
- Advanced understanding of the commercial loan process and/or products, to include real estate closings.
- Must exhibit extensive knowledge and understanding of commercial lending terminology and applicable documentation related to the job function.
- Must exhibit knowledge and understanding of HMDA and CRA.
- Must have extensive title knowledge
- Ability to manage, coach and mentor team of loan processors to ensure current and advanced department knowledge
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment is required.
- Ability to handle numerous assignments of a simple nature simultaneously with “quick” response.
- Ability to read, analyze and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to research and solve complex problems/issues that arise within standardized/non-standardized products and deal with a variety of situations as they relate to products/procedures while making risk-based decisions when necessary.
Relocation will be considered
Friday, September 7, 2018