Loan Originator - Senior / Vice President , Small Balance Multifamily, FMAC
SVI Recruiting Group
- Raleigh, NC
Responsible for originating small multifamily loans through the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, cultivate and maintain a local and regional client base for the generation of loan volume.
- Coordinate marketing efforts that include personal contact and print and electronic communications.
- Create an ongoing and expanding relationship with Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan deal team members that include underwriters, closing teams, analysts, marketing support and loan servicing personnel.
- Actively be involved in or a member of local and national commercial real estate organizations such as MBA, CCIM, Apartment Owners Associations, etc.
- Collaborate with all team members and provide a team approach with professionals in the local office; will also be available for continuous training and/or mentoring of analysts.
- Lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum three years of experience originating loans required.
- Previous Capital Markets and Multifamily real estate experience preferred.
- Course work or commensurate experience with real estate finance, basic appraisal principals, market analysis and accounting preferred.
- Understand and articulate the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures associated with multifamily real estate underwriting, valuations, market analysis, and investment analysis.
Certificates and/or LicensesReal Estate Salesperson license required or willingness to obtain.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Responsible for the preparation of borrower credit analysis, including determination of net worth, liquidity, overall financial strength and acceptability of proposed borrower structure.
- Must be able to underwrite income and expenses for multifamily properties to derive net operating income.
- Must understand market fundamentals.
- Responsible for reviewing rent rolls, operating statements, personal financial statements, due diligence information, market research reports and other third party reports.
- Must prepare pricing analysis consistent with CBRE and Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan pricing guidelines.
Thursday, August 2, 2018