Mortgage Sales Manager/ Producing
Regional Community Bank
- Hampton, VA
Oversees lending activities and business development for office and/or region. Manages Loan Officers to assist in meeting business lending goals and personal development growth. Responsibilities include the solicitation and origination of Mortgage, real estate related and other Bank loan products. Counsels borrowers to assist them in acquiring a loan product appropriate to their circumstances. Assesses customer to find the best options for the customer’s needs and makes appropriate recommendations. Analyzes the prospective borrower’s income and debt, counsels borrower on credit record or other problems, and pre-qualifies the borrower. Provides disclosures to borrower including, Truth in Lending and Good Faith Estimates. Must maintain a high level of personal monthly loan production, spending approximately 50% of time outside of office engaged in business development and consultation activities with borrowers, builders, realtors and other referral sources.
Specific Job Functions:
- Oversees office and/or region loan production goals and coaches staff to meet goals.
- Provides staff development opportunities in all lending compliance and sales areas.
- Originates Mortgage and other real estate related loans, as well as consumer and small business loans.
- Interviews customers and completes detailed loan application process.
- Prequalifies borrowers using standard underwriting procedures.
- Counsels customers on home buying and financing process.
- Develops and maintains personal loan pipeline.
- Works with Loan Processor to facilitate underwriting and processing phases of loans.
- Answers telephone and written inquiries concerning active loans and Bank loan offerings.
- Cross-sells financial institution products and services as appropriate.
- Spends 50% or more of time out of office in business development pursuits.
- Thorough knowledge of all Bank consumer lending products.
- Knowledge of all Bank Retail products and services.
- Knowledge of loan processing functions and related requirements and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of Bank underwriting guidelines for in-house and secondary market loans.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with builders, real estate agents, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and communications skills.
- Skilled professional networker.
- Successful completion of Bank training program(s) for lending (depending on experience and background as a lender).
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
Physical and Mental Qualifications:
- Ability to understand and use Bank loan policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and the general public in a positive, problem solving manner.
- Ability to listen to and convey accurately and quickly, detailed information, important instructions and/or ideas.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Sales and Service aptitude and ability. Earns quick credibility.
- Outgoing nature with excellent skills at building and maintaining relationships.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive way.
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Technically savvy and task oriented.
- Prefer 4-year degree in business, finance, or related field
- At least two years of experience as a retail loan originator or equivalent experience with a proven sales record.
- Proficient computer skills with use of lending applications.
- Must be bondable.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Monday, April 30, 2018