SUMMARY: The Senior Asset Based Portfolio Manager, provides a range of credit-related support functions relative to the ongoing management of the Funds Asset Based unit’s credit risk management process. This position is responsible for facility and relationship monitoring and the ongoing maintenance of a loan portfolio consisting of moderately to highly complex Asset Based/ Trade Finance/ Factoring Loans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may
Prepares Credit Analysis Package via Annual / Periodic Reviews or other memoranda on moderately to highly complex credit facilities.
Full and detailed understanding of ABL/ Factoring/ Supply Chain Finance and Inventory Buyback
• Prepares financial spreads and analysis of financial statements. Creates projections as applicable.
• Makes ongoing assessments relative to credit risk ratings.
• Through ongoing portfolio management, seeks out early warning signs of deteriorating credit trends.
• Collects and reviews financial statements, covenant compliance, borrowing base worksheets and other reporting requirements from commercial clients.
• Initiates and monitors the proper clearing of ticklers for the assigned portfolio.
• Assesses financial capacity of guarantors (as applicable) to determine the viability of secondary repayment sources.
• Performs property inspections and completes property inspection reports.
• Possesses strong knowledge and keeps abreast of Credit Policy and Procedures.
• Identifies policy and procedural exceptions. Completes exception checklist forms as applicable.
• Recommends appropriate credit structure and terms & conditions for new and renewal credit opportunities stemming from existing clients.
• Prepares and presents information on watch, criticized and classified credits. Interacts with Workout Asset and Recovery group as required.
• Orders and reviews credit bureau reports, as needed.
• Orders and reviews field audits, inventory appraisals, and other 3rd party reports, as applicable. Actively participates in calls with collateral consultants (introduction and exit interviews).
• Keeps abreast of market and industry trends.
• Participates in team sales, credit and administrative meetings.
• Reviews loan documentation at relationship inception and each year with annual review.
• Maintains credit files for accuracy and completeness.
• Maintains electronic back-up of client’s key financial records and documentation.
• Monitors various reports including the tickler report, documentation exception report, maturing loans report, past dues report, weekly reports
• Participates in client and credit related calls.
• Communicates and partners with Senior Management and Investors
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
• At least seven years' experience as a Corporate Portfolio Manager with a demonstrated ability to proficiently underwrite and structure complex and/or unique structures.
• Formal Credit Training preferred.
cell/text: 919-247-1166[email protected]