Community Bank Mortgage Loan Officer
SVI Recruiting Group
- Lynchburg, VA
Mortgage Loan Officer
Full-time, Base Salary+ Commission + Great Benefits
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) is responsible for soliciting, structuring and closing 1-4 family real estate loans as well as developing new mortgage loan business. The MLO develops a plan for collaborating with assigned bank branches to cause quality mortgage loan referrals. Additionally, the MLO develops an external network of Realtor, builder, and other referral partners. The MLO takes loan applications, collects relevant loan documentation and ensures that borrowers receive a quality origination experience. The MLO represents the bank in the local community through active involvement in key trade and other groups such as realtor associations.
- Source and develop loans for \ residential real estate, and new construction lending both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with bank branch managers to establish a referral plan and system.
- Conduct regular training, share best practices and successes.
- Conducts loan interview with borrowers to understand their needs and match suitable loan solutions.
- Take applications, collect documentation and run ratio and other calculations,
- Complete necessary credit investigations on each loan application as appropriate for keeping credit files current for the duration of the loan including responsibility for collecting payments in a timely manner
- Submit complete loan files to underwriting
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations and fee income.
- Work with loan team to ensure that all pertinent account documentation is complete and accurate and that all collateral has been properly secured.
- Support the bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
- Build and maintain positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals to include looking for other banking relationship opportunities with borrowers.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education Requirements:
- Must be goal oriented and able to meet loan production objectives
- Minimum 3 years mortgage origination experience.
- Able to maintain NMLS registration and /or licensing status
- Knowledge of mortgage loan origination, underwriting, processing, documentation, and post closing review.
- Knowledge of both portfolio and secondary market loan origination programs and guidelines to include conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and Jumbo loan programs.
Tuesday, July 31, 2018