Data Analytics Technical Lead
- Augusta, ME
Avangrid is seeking a Data Analytics Technical Lead to join their team in their Augusta, ME location.
Avangrid is looking for a Data Analytics Technical Lead to join our advanced analytics team. The right candidate in this position will provide technical leadership to a growing team focused on delivering cutting edge data intensive advanced analytical products. The team utilizes the latest in Big Data, Open Source & Data Science tools and techniques and the Data Analytics Lead will help ensure multiple analytics use cases are successfully built and implemented with focus on quality and performance.
- Serve as liaison between the business users and the big data technical team.
- Understand Business requirements for the Data Science projects and translate that into design.
- Participate in Design and Technical Reviews & Daily Project Scrums.
- Lead a team of data engineers and visualization experts within the organization and oversee vendor teams to implement advanced analytics solution.
- Contribute to the big data platform strategy and vision working with the architects, data scientists and data engineers.
- Collaboratively work with the data scientists to understand the algorithms outcomes and the impact on the business process and data solutions for the use case.
- Understand business and operational processes and how that relates to the advanced analytics use case.
- Define innovative solutions, constantly exploring & challenging product capabilities, liaise with the product owners, data owners and subject matter experts within the organization.
- Provide a long-term perspective for business and technology choices using technical judgement to examine architecture as required.
- Lead on defect resolution and help the development teams with technical expertise.
- Perform gap analysis and provide guidance on the big data analytics issues to the development teams.
- Use DevOps/Agile Development methodologies in data science implementation.
- Ensure reusability of data across various data analytics use cases.
- Work in an agile environment with evolving demands and increasing expectations.
- Ensure use of big data analytics framework in use case implementation.
- Demonstrate expert problem-solving skills.
- Identify and clearly articulate and solve complex business problems and present them to the business user, product owners and management in a structured and simpler form.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner to the line manager and project manager.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
- Adhere to the change management processes and work with vendor teams to perform go live activities
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of extensive work experience in Big Data as developer and Tech Lead.
- 7+ years of experience in building data analytical solutions.
- Experience of working with large and multiple datasets, data warehouses and ability to pull data using relevant programs and coding.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis tools.
- Proficient and experienced with the following tools, programs and technologies:
- Programming experience with languages like Java, Python, Scala, Spark, SQL, Data frames API etc.
- Knowledge and experience of using Big Data tools and technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, Sparx EA, Kafka
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms, Pattern Mining/Detection.
- Experience with DevOps and testing tools.
- Experience with data visualization tools: MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Business Objects etc.
- Experience with Agile Project Methodologies.
- Experience in leading ML Ops, Dev Ops projects will be an advantage.
- Bachelor of Science in Business or related Analytic Degree required.
- Certificate in big data technologies desired.
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Monday, November 15, 2021