Manager - Projects Unit
- Binghamton, NY
Avangrid is looking for a Manager - Projects Unit to join their team in Binghamton, NY.
The Manager – Projects Unit is responsible for managing activities between team members including Project Managers, engineers, construction management and others to plan, design and execute projects, located in New York. The Unit Manager ensures the project team delivers projects aligning with baseline budgets, schedules, scope, quality and engineering standards. Projects may originate due to reliability, asset health, system capacity customer or other project need.
Responsibility includes meeting corporate goals for capital investment, managing Construction Work in Progress, Rate Base Additions and energization of assets in accordance with the investment plan. Must manage team performance to maximize the effectiveness of capital budget delivery considering safety, the environment, operating efficiency, regulatory, CWIP and operational needs.
Represents the company in regulatory and public forums.
Manages the team to optimize the work of external contractors and other internal business areas. Holds contractors accountable for performance. Holds project team members accountable for results. Provides technical advice to senior management when required. Responsible for the overall project control and reporting of the project team, providing leadership and coordination of the scheduling, cost controlling and reporting processes and functions required by the Coordinator, Project Management Office or other business areas.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages performance of team to ensure goals, schedules, budgets, and benefits are met and all deliverables are completed on time and under budget.
- Identifies interdependences of the team portfolio and resolves interactions among projects.
- Proactive approach to controlling project scope mitigating the risk of potential changes,
- Ensures quality of work packages of team
- Produces briefings and status reports on a regular basis for executives or regulatory agencies.
- May participate or represent the company in regulatory or public proceedings or permitting requirements for projects undertaken by the team.
- Ensure governance processes and procedures are followed within portfolio.
- Trains/coaches team members and holds team accountable for results. Teams are cross-functional, can be virtual, and frequently combine internal and external personnel.
- Leads team meetings.
- Monitors progress of team against plans and applies course corrections as necessary.
- Ensures effective internal program communications.
- Develops procurement strategies for material, labor, requirements
- meet requirements.
- Supports Project initiatives for compliance, standardization, and process improvement
- Considers innovative ways to undertake work, promoting automation and efficiencies in day to day work streams
- Responsible for Project accountability overview, making sure that it complies with FERC, NERC and any other applicable regulation.
- Attendance to Cost & Schedule Meetings
- Works with PMO on the Risk definition, cost, and the Mitigation Action analysis.
- Ability to mobilize team members to deliver projects on time and under budget
- Expert in risk management and mitigation plans
- Expert in utilizing MS Excel for data analysis, budgeting and planning and optimizing schedules.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public presentation skills and ability to summarize concepts utilizing Primavera and MS software packages
- Results oriented
- Understanding of quality assurance processes and implement with project structure.
- Knowledge and experience in managing the execution of large high voltage transmission and substation capital projects
- Programs over 100M including multi-site projects with upgrades to existing facilities and integration of new facilities required.
- Knowledge and experience in the execution and management of distribution projects required.
- Knowledge and experience in the regulatory environment and clear understanding of the filings and approvals required at State, Local and Federal levels for execution of the work required.
- Experience and understanding of tools/controls needed to monitor and control projects required.
- Experience managing large teams of technical experts required.
- Experience utilizing SAP financial system preferred.
- Experience utilizing Primavera scheduling software preferred.
- Background in electrical or civil engineering preferred.
- Proven ability to lead teams and work in a team environment
- Collaboration skills to manage project teams across Matrix organization
- Team oriented
- Enterprise initiatives of strategic or regulatory sensitivity.
- Experienced in contract negotiations and supplier management
- Proven experience obtaining siting permits
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field in the energy industry with 7 years relevant project management experience including three years in managing complex enterprise initiatives of strategic or regulatory sensitivity
- Engineering Degree Preferred
- MBA Preferred
- PMP Certification Preferred
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022