Project Manager Senior
- Canton, MA
Under the direction of the Manager of Operations Programming Services, the senior project manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, tracking, and implementing projects related to the organization’s strategic goals, which are often cross-functional, large scale, and complex projects intended to either reduce organizational risk or maximize strategic opportunities. Supports and advocates project management principles and methodology within the organization, both on individual projects and through direct and indirect support for the project portfolio. Promotes the values of Point32Health.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Manages the most complex, high-risk projects that may run 6-18 months in duration, bring about major change to the organization and often include external vendors. Able to evaluate the cost and feasibility of multiple options/alternatives to resolve project issues and to make recommendations on those issues that best meet both project and corporate objectives.
- Able to navigate political issues using advanced organizational knowledge. Able to coach/mentor less experienced project managers and effectively lead in a matrixed environment. Able to influence project owner, sponsor, steering committee and other appropriate senior management. Able to effectively manage difficult group dynamics to effectively reach a positive outcome, often by leveraging highly developed verbal and written skills, ability to facilitate planning and review sessions with senior management, highest level presentation skills.
- Incorporating corporate strategic direction, able to define impact of tasks/events on not only business and IS users, but the organization as a whole. This may be demonstrated by proactively identifying conflict/integration issues, and leading team members to parse/synthesize issues of the highest complexity; able to identify risk out of the larger picture plan accordingly; able to identify and make decisions that serve the best interests of the organization.
- Must be able to conceptualize and envision the impact of change, and propose new ways to do business.
- May directly manage 3 or more sub-teams in addition to being the global project manager.
- Manage multiple cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects using formal project management techniques and tools, including project charters, project schedules, status updates, communication plans, and risk assessments for assigned projects. These projects typically include multiple, and sometimes all areas of the organization, including Clinical Affairs, Governmental Affairs, Information Technology, Marketing, Network Management, and Operations. These will often be the most complex, challenging projects assigned to the department.
- Lead the development of business requirements, workflows, vendor assessments, training programs, gap analyses, and/or other deliverables in the project based on needs and expertise. In some cases, this includes providing “hands on” work to complete deliverables, such as creating process maps, tracking tools, or training documents.
- Routinely monitor project to assess and communicate project status; value metrics; risks, issues, and mitigation plans; and adjust role to respond to project developments.
- Employ quality improvement methodologies in all projects, including, but not limited to: CQI/TQM, PDCA. Ensure that all projects have measurable outcomes based on effective metrics. Support Enterprise PMO standards and protocols relating to project management
- Skill: Demonstrate an ability to readily master new business content based on project needs; employ this subject matter expertise in managing project content and staff. Additionally, use this subject matter expertise to develop sound recommendations to project sponsor(s) and other senior staff members.
- Skill: Demonstrate a willingness and proficiency for involvement at a high level, managing the overall project, while providing “hands on” assistance in specific project deliverables.
- Serve as an internal business consultant as needed in the areas of project management, quality improvement and outcome measures.
- Skill: Principal duties and responsibilities occur simultaneously, therefore, the employee must be able to appropriately handle each essential function, prioritize them, and seek assistance when necessary. These functions need to be performed on a consistent and regular basis, using good judgment. Ability to learn and apply company policies consistently, seeking out guidance when necessary, is required.
- Skill: Highly developed verbal and written skills, ability to facilitate planning and review sessions with senior management, highest level presentation skills
- Lead or coordinate special projects as assigned by the Director of the Project Management Office
- Present project updates, analysis and findings on a formal and informal basis.
- Work in collaboration with other internal staff
- Ability to develop recommended project approaches that operate within the organization’s project management protocols while still accounting for unique project characteristics, challenges, and dynamics
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships throughout the organization
- Lead or participate in task forces and other committees as required
- Participate in annual evaluation and modifications of PMO protocols to optimize the department’s value to the organization
- Provide the Director of the Project Management Office with portfolio management supports. Examples include analysis of issues across the portfolio; analysis and synthesis of PMO staff adherence to issue management protocols; analysis of portfolio trends to present for Director review; ad hoc assessment of troubled projects
- Proven experience with MS Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint or like software
- Participation in recruitment of PMO staff
- Serve as a role model for junior staff
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
- Bachelor degree or relevant experience required; Advanced degree preferred in business or related to industry. Bachelor degree or relevant experience required
- 10-15 years in project management including leading Corporate Agenda-level projects
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in process management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in health insurance operations if PMP certified or 4 years if not
- One year of program management experience preferred
- Project Management certification preferred
- Process management certification a plus but experience with CQI, TQM, PDCA, PMBOK or other formal improvement techniques required
- Experience in human change management
- Strong project management, quality improvement, process flow, and organizational skills critical. Requires strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and a high degree of initiative. Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills required. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff, managers, and various stakeholders required. Ability to plan, multi-task, and collaborate with many individuals/stakeholders required
- Strong presence and comfort in working and managing with leadership level stakeholders
- Proven track record of meeting project deadlines/deliverables with successful outcomes. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced business environment
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
- Performs multiple tasks in a changing environment.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Point32Health is considered confidential. Exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Company
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
TalentBoost is now Ignyte AI.
This job has been posted by Ignyte AI on behalf of Point32Health. Ignyte AI is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of Ignyte AI not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R6581
Tuesday, May 30, 2023