Care Resource Coordinator
Partners In Health
- Remote, MA, United States
Partners In Health, is seeking Care Resource Coordinators to support Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Local Boards of Health to assist in COVID-19 contact tracing.
Partners In Health (PIH) will hire, train and supervise a team of community contact tracing staff across Massachusetts. The aim of this will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every contact in Massachusetts. This is in tandem with Commonwealth-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in Massachusetts.
COVID Care Resource Coordinator (CCRC): PIH will hire, train and supervise up to 75 regionally focused CCRCs, who will work remotely to conduct a virtual needs check and connect at-risk COVID-19 positive patients and people in quarantine to community resources.
- Identify common needs amongst COVID-19 patients and search for local solutions. This could include food banks, mental health services, visiting nurses, and other community programs helping patients in need and/or people in isolation or quarantine
- Assist with phone calls the team is responsible for, including contacting people with COVID-19 to find out their contacts, as well as calling contacts and informing of their exposure and arranging for testing
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor
- Social work degree or other experience in social work preferred
- Familiarity with and experience working in Massachusetts health system
- Candidates preferred to have experience working with community resources and social services in different parts of Massachusetts that can inform connecting patients with COVID and their families to local resources. (Please indicate what location on your application)
- Speaking more than one language fluently is a distinct advantage; please mark this on your application
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
- Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. A headset is preferred
- Massachusetts Resident preferred and familiarity with Massachusetts’ geography; cities/towns/locations required
About Partners In HealthPartners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
Tuesday, April 7, 2020