Surveillance Epidemiologist (Contact Tracing)
- Augusta, ME
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Surveillance Epidemiologist (Contact Tracing)
Do you have a passion for public health in Maine? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit, public health services organization, is accepting applications for four (4) public health professionals to join our team and serve as the Surveillance Epidemiologist working with the State of Maine CDC Contact (The Department) Tracing Program. This position will act as a liaison between the investigation team and the contact tracing team. This full-time 40-hour per week position will be housed at the Maine CDC office in Augusta. This is a one-year grant-funded project. This position is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in the COVID Epi-On-Call rotation schedule.
- Review incoming lab data and assign cases out for investigation
- Close completed cases and ensure complete documentation
- Review incoming consults and assign out for follow-up
- Monitor, clean, and analyze Infectious Disease Surveillance data, prepare reports, and distribute data in a standardized way, including responding to data requests.
- Contribute to Infectious Disease Surveillance performance improvement, Outbreak preparedness, and response planning, including updating Outbreak procedures as needed within the Infectious Disease Epidemiology Program.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
A Master’s degree in public health with relevant course work in Epidemiology, microbiology, and statistics or a Bachelor’s degree in a health or science related field and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience. This position also requires experience using computer-based statistical packages, including SAS and requires knowledge of infectious diseases.
- Ability to exercise good judgment within a context of competing priorities, agendas, and partner sensitivities.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work independently, from office or in the community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - communication, networking, group facilitation.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities, and have a sense of urgency with deadlines.
- Strong communication skills: ability to listen well, write, and speak effectively.
Location: Augusta, MaineApplication Requirements NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Wednesday, January 13, 2021