- Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Beyond Shades is devoted to creating beautiful, custom window treatments for any residential or commercial location. We specialize in designing window fashions that suit your individual style, your business model and your budget. We are a Certified Professional Dealer for Hunter Douglas window treatments.
As an installation apprentice with Beyond Shades, you have significant responsibility for our continued growth and success. In return, we are committed to doing everything possible to ensure your continued professional growth and success.
The installation apprentice will be responsible for working directly with the installer installing the dealer products for customers. They will learn to fully understand technical specifications, design information, and/or complex service questions in order to effectively install window treatments. He/she will learn our company’s capabilities, solution applications, and any service or installation related information. Most importantly, a successful installation apprentice will need to learn and provide excellent customer service in regards to manufacturing and product information, the installation process and any other relevant information.
A successful candidate will eventually be responsible for:
- Subject matter expertise on different product solutions and providing expertise and customer service to the consumer.
- Comprehensive solution development, with consideration and analysis of alternative solutions.
- Developing rapport with and being a brand ambassador to customers and providing a high level of detail to specific product-related inquiries.
- Being organized and punctual for appointments while providing the quality product installation customer expects.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transporting and handling products safely to customer destination
- Assisting in installing units using necessary tools and techniques as recommended by Beyond Shades / Hunter Douglas
- Inspecting pre-installed product for any malfunctions, as well as conducting final post-installation inspections for proper operation and damage
- Providing expertise if needed and communicating information in a clear and efficient manner
- Flexible and able to work with a changing schedule
- Accepting continual product training and keeping up-to-date regarding new product and technical specifications
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- High Energy. An energetic personality with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, drive and ambition, and a team-oriented approach to customer service delivery.
- Intelligent. Ability to think creatively, plan, organize, set goals and execute strategically. Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task. Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborative. Strong relationship building, interpersonal and internal/external networking skills. Works well with others, takes time to help customers.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. A hands-on approach to ensuring that customers are delighted throughout the installation process.
- Knowledge of/proficient in MS Office Suite and relevant design programs.
- High school degree.
- Driver’s license required.
This position requires a high degree of self-starting and self-discipline to be productive and effective. Beyond Shades is committed to the professional growth of every team member, and to creating an environment where every team member can do their absolute best work. Benefits include:
- Ongoing product training to deliver all the necessary tools and knowledge to excel in the field of window treatments.
- A competitive compensation package, including paid time off.
- Medical benefits for full-time employees
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
$8.25 - $12.00 Per Hour