Gas Construction and Maintenance Supervisor
- Cortland, NY
Avangrid is looking for a Construction and Maintenance Supervisor to join their team in Cortland, NY.
Supervises employees in the construction, operation and maintenance of gas distribution and transmission systems. Oversees, plans and schedules new construction work, preventive and corrective maintenance, inspections and training activities. Ensures that construction and maintenance is completed in accordance with construction standards, following approved policies, procedures, safety rules and budgets. May interact with customers (internal & external) to solve problems/concerns and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Plans and oversees work of gas departments. Supervises to ensure safe and efficient operation of the daily field activities of both Company and various contractor construction crews. May resolve customer issues when needed. May provide assistance to Technical Services on new construction and rebuilding existing plants. Works closely with the PSC and local government agencies. (50%,P)
- Schedules the work of line or street crews. Assess the scope of projects and assigns the appropriate crew and skills balance. Arranges for any special equipment and insures that all material needs are met.
- Administers damage claims and billing, leak reports, time sheets, store orders, job kitting, work order balancing, material review, compliance with safety rules and regulations, standards of excellence
and/or service guarantees. Monitors accuracy of Gas Records for auditing purposes and ensure compliance. (10%,P)
- Oversees construction office and support budget management. May coordinate department activities with local and state highway departmental officials. (10%,S)
- Supervises emergency restoration. (5%,S)
- Coordinates safety training, documentation, inspections, and accident investigations. May be responsible for labor relations contract administration and communications. May conduct employee evaluations for annual performance appraisal process. (5%,S)
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required with 5 years’ relevant experience and the completion of the relevant progression program.
- Knowledge of gas work and construction.
- Knowledge of gas distribution construction and maintenance, labor agreement, safety manual, leak detection methods, procedures and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of industry codes including NEC, NESC, Hazmat, and OSHA.
- Valid Drivers License.
- May require various DOT Operator Qualifications.
- Results and customer service oriented.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Self directed work skills with emphasis on multitasking.
- Computer skills applicable to MS Word, MS Excel, SAP, MSOutlook.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be available for response to after hour's to work storms, emergencies, and critical assignments.
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022