RAINN - Software Developer
- Washington, DC
RAINN's information technology team is excited to recruit for a Software Developer role. This role will be responsible for leading the development of mission critical software to serve the visitors and users of RAINN's hotlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Software Development fundamentals in problem solving, object-oriented design, data structures, complexity analysis, and writing secure code.
- Expert knowledge and experience of programming in Java and Java-related frameworks.
- Expert knowledge and experience of utilizing AWS services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Requirements gathering, evaluating, estimating, and prioritizing requests/backlog for product changes and enhancements.
- Providing Solution Design .
- Evaluating new enhancements to technologies and their fit to the product technical roadmap
- Leading all product activities related to release and iteration planning, to ensure that the team has a clear understanding of the tasks and can complete development on schedule.
- Creating clear acceptance criteria to ensure that the team understands when work is complete; agreeing on effort estimates, verifying the acceptance criteria has been met, and participating in the retrospective.
- Managing project deliverables while coordinating with the project manager.
- Ability to manage both internal and external/outsourced vendor development team needs.
- Maintaining close relationships, communications, and feedback loop with internal and external stakeholders .
- Collaborating with management to provide product status and reports on roadmap progress
- Providing product demonstrations.
- Must be able to pass a background check by RAINN, and by DoD if required.
- Must be able to provide (upon hire) proof of vaccination for COVID-19.
To perform this job successfully, you should be knowledgeable and have 3-5 years of development experience using a majority of these (others, you should be capable of picking them up when here and your team members will help):
- AWS Services (EC2, Elastic Cache, ECS, API Gateway, Lamda, Lex, MQ, Cognito, CodeCommit, DocumentDb, RDS - mySQL, PostGreSQL, DynamoDB), AWS GovCloud Services (nice to have).
- TwiML (Twilio Studio).
- Data warehouse concepts and reporting.
- Knowledge of RMF (Risk Management Framework).
To perform this job successfully and enjoy it:
- You are motivated by writing code to serve those in-need (and those that serve them).
- Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. So, you should embrace and amplify the positive, diverse, & inclusive team culture we have been striving to build.
- You have the ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure during stressful situations; ability to handle multiple shifting priorities and balance workload.
- You are a quick learner and bring-in a self-motivated work ethic.
- You believe in performing as a team, and measure your success based on your achievements and the success of your team members
The following physical activities are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations:
- The person in this position needs to regularly move about inside the office to access file cabinets,
- office equipment, etc.
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 80% of the time.
- Must be able to get to locations outside of the office independently, without physical assistance.
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g., copier and fax
- Must have vision correctable to a level where individual can operate a computer; visualize text
- on a computer monitor.
In order to comply with new requirements for federal contractors, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption.
This position is based in Washington, DC. Please note that RAINN staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the essential functions, responsibilities and/or requirements.
RAINN offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance, 403(b) retirement savings, paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays including a bonus week, and free access to the building fitness center. RAINN is based in Washington, D.C.
When you work for RAINN, you're joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of sexual violence every day. Your job is important -- and so are you! RAINN will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. RAINN is committed to maximizing the diversity of its organization and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
TalentBoost is now Ignyte AI.
This job has been posted by Ignyte AI on behalf of RAINN. Ignyte AI is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of Ignyte AI not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Monday, May 22, 2023