- Orange, CT
Avangrid is growing! We are actively hiring Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Structural Engineers, at all experience levels, for our Transmission Substation Project Development team. We are flexible with office locations (Connecticut, Maine, and New York), and remote work options may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Sign-on bonus available!
$5,000.00 to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus available to external applicant hired
In these roles, you will be able to:
- Develop new T&S capital projects to a Conceptual design level (IP2) ready for financial approval and eventual handoff for project Execution (i.e. detailed design, procurement, and construction).
- Ensure that all proposed T&S projects meet stakeholder and internal Investment Plan requirements by ensuring proper justification and supporting documentation is available.
- Be a lead and/or contributor for the Transmission System Review Group (TSRG) responsible for vetting and approving new projects prior to delivering them for execution. Includes thorough review and feedback of submitted TSRG stakeholder materials.
- Support all technical aspects of AVANGRID’s Long Term Outlook of the T&S CAPEX investment portfolio including rate case preparations, regulatory funding commitments, ISO reporting, etc.
- Collaborate with Operations, Maintenance, and Planning personnel to identify and mitigate T&S system issues.
- Investigate reports of T&S system needs requiring comprehensive intervention assessments in a prioritized manner to ensure that issues are appropriately addressed in AVANGRID’s long term investment plan (e.g. operations, maintenance, field surveys, etc.).
- Establish the acceptable level of documentation required for projects based on the cost, complexity, and regulatory requirements associated with each project.
- Present compelling messages to internal and external stakeholders including executives, regulator’s, and ISO’s.
- Develop and build collaborative and constructive relationships across internal business areas and teams and/or external stakeholders including regulators and ISO’s.
- Develop subject matter expert skills as necessary to mentor and support the team to aid in the advancement of business needs.
- Innovate and integrate improvements to increase the precision and efficiency of transmission substation project development.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, Energy systems, Power systems or similar discipline is required. 3+years of utility or energy experience highly preferred.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022