TalentBoost (Norit Activated Carbon)
- Zaandam, North Holland, Netherlands
A challenging job for a full-grown Plant Manager with experience in chemical production. Do you like to work in a dynamic environment and work together to bring the plant to the next level. You are an experienced people leader, who likes to coach and empower his engaged workforce, but also knows how to be clear and firm when needed.
You will be the leader of our Zaandam plant with approximately 85 employees. You lead the site management team, consisting of 6 members. You report to the VP of Operations, who is in the US.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Securing safety
- Securing production of products that meet customers’ needs for quality and quantity. The products manufactured are part of Norit’s established portfolio.
- Managing activities of plant’s cross-functional staff and ensure compliance with all company and external standards/regulations for Manufacturing, Sales, SH&E, Finance, Quality, HR, and Community Affairs.
- Developing a culture where all employees pursue continuous improvement. Ensuring improvement of process capability / reliability, resulting in less process variability and reduction in generation of off-quality material. Ensuring safe, reliable and cost-effective manufacturing of standard recipe products. Ensuring that the appropriate management of change process is followed for recipe modification. Effectively managing local measurement capability, resulting in desired levels of measurement error for expected testing of Norit products.
- Demonstrating commitment to effective Human Resource processes and effectively promoting the necessity of excellence in these activities throughout the site.
- Establishing and implementing local initiatives that enhance effective utilization of plant assets through prudent management of fixed and variable costs. Ensuring long-term integrity and fit for purpose of all facility assets. Efficiently managing capital budget through use of the capital management system.
- Planning and monitoring departmental budgets and expenditures to meet financial cost targets and objectives established through formal planning processes.
- Leading community outreach that includes development, implementation, and participation in a facility plan consistent with our neighbor’s choice of philosophy.
- Effectively practicing Performance Based Management by coaching and developing employees.
- Working together with sister-plants to share best practices.
Who are you?
You are an experienced plant manager with strong leadership and people skills. You re technically savvy and have strong problem-solving skills. You are a strong personality people enjoy working with. Qualifications:
- Bachelor/University Degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
- 7-10 years manufacturing experience, including prior people/budget management experience.
- Strong knowledge of chemical manufacturing processes and safety procedures. Knowledge of Continuous Improvement process and techniques. Strong focus on safety and environmental concerns.
- Ability to organize and manage resources, including budgets.
- Leadership skills to motivate and lead cross-functional staff. Ability to provide oversight and guidance to staff.
- Ability to deal with external contacts and community as needed.
- Strong communication & coaching skills.
Monday, August 14, 2023