Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Bake n Joy Foods Inc
- North Andover, MA
The Production Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Production Manager (Bakery) with the high-level success of the department. Oversees department personnel and ensures processes, materials and equipment are optimal.
Full Time, 2nd Shift MONDAY – FRIDAY (Occasional Saturdays)
Schedule/Hours 3:30PM – 12:00AM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating and prioritizing assignments for all employees to assure customer demand is satisfied in a timely manner and training Associates on all facets of these duties.
- Perform JD Edwards functions (work order and inventory related tasks).
- Assist in setting up the equipment needed to run batches.
- Monitor the quality of all raw materials used with specific attention to color, consistency, aroma, texture, etc.; notify Operations Manager of any sub-standard products.
- Direct all department associates to their daily job assignment, completing all related paperwork.
- Make sure that all raw materials needed for that day are available. If needed, use JDE system to look up raw materials that you may need and inform inventory control.
- Assist anyone that may have questions on quality, running machines, batch making, etc.
- Work with scheduler in arranging efficient production schedule and daily work orders. Communicate daily production schedule status to the scheduler.
- Understand all safety rules and procedures and follow them at all times
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floor for prolonged periods.
- Frequent bending, lifting, twisting for extended periods, and have ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment when necessary (hair net, beard net, earplugs, safety shoes, and uniform).
- Ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate in English.
- Able to operate material handling equipment including (electric pallet jacks/manual hand jacks).
- 3 years Supervisor experience.
- Trained in Good Manufacturing Practices, basic allergen handling, wash down procedures, food defense and HACCP.
- Forklift experience and classroom certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules.
- Successful completion of substance and physical screening
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Bake'n Joy. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022