Project Manager - Lines Projects
- Binghamton, NY
Avangrid is looking for a Project Manager - Lines Projects to join their team in Binghamton, NY.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating activities between multiple transmission line projects, located in New York, by managing resource requirements, priorities, investment plans, project execution strategy and internal/external resource requirements. Projects may originate due to reliability, asset health, system capacity customer or other project need.
Responsibility includes meeting corporate goals for capital investment, managing Construction Work in Progress, and energization of projects. Must manage team performance to maximize the effectiveness of capital budget delivery considering the environment, operating efficiency, regulatory, CWIP and operational needs.
Represents the company in regulatory and public forums.
Coordinate activities of project team members including engineers, construction managers, and external contractors. Facilitates the work of external contractors and other internal business areas. Holds contractors accountable for performance. Holds project team members accountable for results. Provides technical advice to senior management when required. Responsible for the overall project control and reporting, providing leadership and coordination of the scheduling, cost controlling and reporting processes and functions. Ensure projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and in conformance to quality and engineering standards.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interfacing with municipal stakeholders and local permitting agencies
- Program and project management skills
- Leadership skills
- Document control
- Participates in project team scheduling and budgetary planning processes
- Works within the project unit, managing internal and external project resources. Sets unit goals and direction to align and undertakes action plans, program management to accomplish goals.
- Oversees project budgets. Analyzes project unit performance and initiates actions to control scope, schedule and cost performance. Proactive approach to overseeing work measures progress and takes actions to ensure budgets and deadlines are achieved. Approves project plans, executes contract strategies to undertake work and controls and authorizes expenditures. Initiates actions to ensure compliance with a project management and quality management processes and procedures. Assures that projects are completed within the approved scope, schedule and budget
- Coordinates with other departments, consultants, attorneys, utilities, regulatory agencies, government agencies, and major customers. May represent the company and testify in regulatory hearings or at Federal, State or local agency or municipal meetings.
- Considers innovative ways to undertake work, promoting automation and efficiencies in day to day work streams
- Provides recommendations on policies and goals desired and implements new/revised processes and procedures according to established guidelines
- Responsible for the overall management and control of project unit budgets including O&M and Capital
- Informs management and project teams regarding cost and schedule performance variances and corrective action required.
- Responsible for ensuring the risk control system is utilized.
- Continually monitors individual progress to insure meeting of specific deadlines.
- Responsible for Project accountability overview, making sure that it complies with FERC, NERC and any other applicable regulation.
- Attendance to Cost & Schedule Meetings
- Works with Coordinator on the Risk definition, cost, and the Mitigation Action analysis.
- Attendance to Executive management meetings, providing and presenting reports and cost-schedule-risk views as required.
- Ability to mobilize team members to deliver projects on time and under budget
- Expert in integrating Scheduling IT tools and software: Primavera software with costs and resource requirements
- Expert in risk management and mitigation plans
- Expert in utilizing MS Excel for data analysis, budgeting and planning and optimizing schedules
- Ability to use and query SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public presentation skills and ability to summarize concepts utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint
- Results oriented
- Understanding of quality assurance processes and implement with project structure
- Knowledge of main configuration and general arrangements of networks (substations, overhead lines and cable) infrastructures is preferred
- Supervision of field personnel and construction contractors
- Understanding of construction means and methods
- Proven ability to lead teams and work in a team environment
- Team oriented
- Experienced in contract negotiations and supplier management
- Proven experience obtaining siting permits
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred
Required Education: About the Company
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant experience in the energy industry with 5 -7 years relevant project management or engineering experience
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022