Appeals and Grievance Analyst
- Canton, MA
Under the general direction of the Member Appeals and Grievance Supervisor the Member Appeals and Grievance Analyst is responsible per State and Federal regulations for the professional and compliant management and coordination of assigned member appeals and grievance (complaints) received by Point32Health. This individual works collaboratively with the member and/or the member’s authorized representative and must demonstrate superior customer service and benefit interpretation skills in all interactions. This individual prepares cases for presentation, discussion, review and final disposition at the Member Appeals Committee (MAC) and Member Appeals Reconsideration Committee (MARC) and participates in the Appeals Committee discussion when needed. Responsibilities include development and coordination of all written documentation and correspondence to the member outlining final disposition of the member’s appeal or grievance providing further appeal options as appropriate. Analysts routinely interact with members, providers, and other internal and external constituents about highly escalated issues.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
Essential functions will occur simultaneously; therefore, the employee must be able to appropriately handle each of these functions, prioritize them, and seek assistance when necessary. The employee must have the ability to learn and apply Point32Health’s policies and remain compliant with frequently changing State and Federal regulatory requirements and have the judgment to seek out guidance as needed. The Analyst is responsible for the accurate coordination, efficient administration and resolution of member appeals and member grievances submitted by Point32Health members for all lines of business.
- Act as a member advocate; clearly communicating the appeal and grievance process and procedures both orally and in writing.
- Manage assigned member appeals and grievance cases from documentation, to investigation, and through resolution, ensuring the final disposition of a member’s appeal or grievance is compliant with the regulatory requirements set-forth by NCQA, DOI, CMS, DOL and any state or federal specific regulations that apply.
- Review and interpret product and benefit designs for all lines of business according to State and Federal regulatory requirements
- Manage the collection of documents and records (medical, claims, administrative) needed to fully research the appeal or complaint request with both internal and external customers
- Consult with subject matter experts as necessary to gather information required for appropriate resolution of the matter presented.
- Make recommendations on appeal decisions based on the member’s benefits and individual circumstances presented.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience in health care, conflict resolution or related field
EXPERIENCE (minimum years required):
- 3-5 years health care or insurance experience
- Health care benefit and regulatory knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of insurance products, policies and procedures preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating a computer and related equipment including knowledge and demonstrated ability in the use of Windows applications and other comparable systems/applications.
- Must possess initiative, balanced judgment, objectivity and the ability to independently plan and prioritize one’s own work to assure maximum efficiency and compliance.
- Must be able to organize, plan and implement the functions of Member Appeals and Grievances, maintain timelines and turnaround times to meet multiple requirements/regulations established by external regulating bodies and applicable state and federal laws
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and process complex information and deliver the information, both verbally and written, in a clear, concise, and articulate manner. Requires strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate at both detail and summary levels to a variety of constituents.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate and work with multiple constituents.
- Requires ability to understand and be compliant with State and Federal regulations.
- Superior investigation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of plan products and benefits and the ability to communicate this information to members, providers, employers and external agencies clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel):
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and in a remote capacity from home as required.
- Work requires simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and laptop/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
- Weekend Coverage may be required on a rotating basis as regulated for line of business.
- May require occasional weekend hours or evening hours as the needs of the various lines of business dictate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees — including remote employees — must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R5691
Wednesday, March 15, 2023