- Remote, MA, United States
Do you want to change the world, one person at a time? TalentBoost™ is looking for driven, collaborative, resilient team players who can bring drive and creativity to the game every day. We’ve built the most innovative, high-velocity workforce-building engine in the world, and we need the people to power it.
No recruiting experience? No worries! We are committed to developing talented team members and making sure they have the knowledge and the tools to be successful. We are driven by a desire to help our clients solve tackle huge problems, – in sectors like healthcare, public health, renewable energy, and violence prevention – by finding them the best people out there. We’re also driven to help people find their dream job.
If you’re up for the challenge, and want to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with lots of “whitespace” for creativity and independent action, then let’s talk. We’re growing fast, and we need people who want to grow with us. If you have strong customer service instincts, a “get it done” attitude and great communications skills, TalentBoost™ could be the best launch pad for your career.
- Identify/Source new prospective candidates through a variety of channels and technologies and represent career opportunities to them in a clear and positive manner.
- Deliver consistent and meaningful candidate outreach efforts in support of candidate development processes.
- Build a working understanding of the requirements for each role and the unique attributes of each client’s mission, culture and operating environment.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in evaluating candidates to determine whether their background, experience, skillset, and personal attributes are consistent with each client’s needs.
- Deliver on the productivity targets and deadlines required by each search engagement.
- Develop specific search strategies and partner closely with search colleagues to ensure the unique needs of each search and client are met.
- Develop memorable relationships with candidates and clients.
- Managing candidate activity TalentBoost™, a commitment to follow-up and follow-through and a passion for ensuring excellent candidate care.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Above all, success requires a strong interest in helping people succeed in their careers and helping clients build outrageously great workforces.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence candidates and decision makers by presenting well-structured, logical, and objective arguments and analysis.
- Exceptional customer service, project management, and organizational skills complemented by the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and applications to continuously improve our ability to serve our clients.
- Ability to identify and prioritize the needs of each search, client, and candidate, keeping each moving in a positive direction.
- Well-organized and strong time management skills.
- Capacity for, and an interest in, continuous learning – each assignment is an opportunity to explore a new industry, organizational culture, and talent vertical.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- A collaborative, positive “can-do” attitude, and attention to detail.
TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Monday, November 1, 2021