Engineer, Network - Lead/Senior
- Portland, OR
Avangrid is looking for a Network Engineer, Ld/Sr to join their team in Portland, Or.
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining a complex and robust nation-wide network. Further, this position will work closely with the application support team to further build out this environment.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Work with Network Team on the development the overall network strategy, design, upgrades, deployment, retirement and troubleshooting of components.
- Responsible for architecting new integrations and deployments in order to standardize network technologies.
- Act as a liaison between the business and Telco/Network carriers for design and troubleshooting.
- Perform traffic analysis and capacity analysis of network systems.
- Perform proof of concept testing and validation of network design in accordance with the policies adopted by the business.
- Documentation of network systems, Visio Drawings, implementation plans, and handoff documentation.
- Design for future state of network including integration with departments.
- Participate in developing guidelines and procedures for Security, WANs, LANs, and network services.
- Document activities in progress via weekly status reports, incident reports, logs, etc.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
Education & Experience Required:
- 5+ years’ experience as it relates to the job description
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience in network engineering, design, and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with Cisco IOS / NXOS and related technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Switches and Wireless technologies
- Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS, Cisco NXOS, OSI Model, Switching, IP Routing, IP Subnetting, TCP/IP protocol, IPSec, Router/Firewall ACL’s, VLANs, WLANs, NAT, DMVPN, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, and structured cabling
- History of managing complex efforts with demanding customers
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA and FirePower Firewalls
- Cisco NGIPS
- Working with NERC CIP standards
- SCADA LAN/WAN communication (OPC/DCOM)
- Experience with Solarwinds Network Management Tools
- Experience with RSA SecureID
- Ability to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed reporting structure, preferably at an international company
- Self-starter with demonstrated performance leading initiatives and building consensus at all levels of a matrixed global organization with minimal supervision
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment with typically tight schedules and demanding targets
- Ability to foster and participate in a productive team environment by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Effectively provides and receives information orally in individual and group situations
- Written expression is clear, concise, and conveys the desired message
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Available for travel (10%)
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022