Lead Engineer-Transmission Lines
- Rochester, NY
Avangrid is seeking a Lead Engineer-Transmission Line to join their team in their Rochester, NY location.
The Lead Engineer in Projects organization is an engineer position with responsibilities over the portfolio of projects assigned to the Unit where the Lead Engineer will be assigned to, ensuring each project is engineered in compliance with regulations, company standards, and consistently across the board.
Position reports to the Unit Manager, but the position will work day-to-day in cross functional project team and support project needs as dictated by the Project Manager and Unit Manager.
- Project detailed engineering, complex engineering analyses, designs and calculations using standard methodology & principles including all phases such as: scoping and budgeting, conceptual engineering, contract management and design, engineering design, construction and closeout.
- Approve, maintain, & understand drawings (e.g. schematics, one-line diagrams, etc).
- Develop & specify equipment, assemble documents & other requirements for assignments of complex level of difficulty using depth & breadth of expertise in their own discipline.
- Ensure all engineering designs implemented by the company meet applicable company, local, state, and national codes & standards.
- Provide technical leadership in projects that have a wide impact on the department.
- Utilize knowledge to influence and guide department engineers.
- Mentor, develop, and support team in technical skills.
- Liaison/direct contractors on company policy, standards, and best practices.
- Ability to collaborate across departments.
- Work independently with little supervision.
Skills and Requirements:
- Theoretical Engineering knowledge - Planning, Operations and Engineering Design, Analytic, modeling & Calculation, understanding the business model; Global View of the Business (Values cross-functional collaboration, understands importance of growing knowledge and developing relationships and links across the organization)
- Practical engineering experience/application - Planning, Operations and Engineering Design, Construction, (e.g. field experience, standardization "Perform economic analyses of engineering alternatives, develop business cases and defend in front of stakeholders.")
- Engineering documentation – Ability to adequately document and interpret engineering documentation
- Ability to review and approve engineering work done by others to ensure compliance with company standards, specifications, and contract requirements
- Knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance Environment – Local, State and Federal Regulatory Standards and requirements.
- (For Smart Grids) Networking, Computer Security, and Databases-Understanding Networking, security, computer hardware, software applications, database structure, and data communication equipment.
Functional/job/business specific competencies:
- Deep knowledge of the regulatory environment including relevant output and incentive mechanisms.
- Knowledge of company, local, state, and national codes/standards.
Substations and Integrated:
- Deep knowledge in Substations design and construction for utility environments or large corporations.
Transmission Lines and Integrated:
- Knowledge in Distribution and Transmission Lines design and construction for utility environments or large corporations.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- +7 years minimum relevant experience
- Professional Engineering License Preferred
- Develop self & others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Monday, May 9, 2022