Analytic Data Support Manager
- Canton, MA
The Manager, EDW Analytic Support seeks to maximize the value of Harvard Pilgrim’s information assets, with an emphasis on the value of the Enterprise Data Warehouse. The Manager supervises a team of highly skilled business and data analysts, and collectively they help constituents better understand the information that supports their business activities, recommend analytic approaches to address business decisions, provide architecture and design expertise and oversight to projects that deliver business decision tools, facilitate data quality governance processes, manage enterprise applications that deliver information and analytic tools, monitor EDW operational activities, and serve as reliable points of contact for internal and external constituents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resource management
- Ensure that Analytic Support staff thoroughly understands Harvard Pilgrim’s strategic directions and specific annual corporate objectives.
- Assign staff responsibilities and work assignments to align with corporate objectives.
- Ensure that staff is appropriately cross trained so that critical technologies are well supported.
- Personally, manage a portfolio of projects and department initiatives, in collaboration with Dell colleagues.
- Relationship management
- Ensure that Analytic Support staff understands the business functions of internal constituents.
- Either personally or through Analytic Support staff, manage relationships with key internal constituencies (Corporate Data and Analytics, Financial, Health Services, Special Investigations Unit, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, IT Security, others as appropriate).
- Both personally and through Analytic Support staff, maintain collegial working relationships with NTT management and staff.
- Technology management
- Either personally or through Analytic Support staff, ensure that critical technologies and the NTT staff that support them receive the guidance and direction required to deliver the expected value to HPHC. Critical technologies include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Teradata data warehouse platform
- MicroStrategy business intelligence tools including HyperIntelligence
- Teradata EAS
- Either personally or through Analytic Support staff, maintain an awareness of newer or evolving technologies that can deliver demonstrable business value to HPHC, and advocate for their adoption when appropriate.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to engage business leadership in the management of HPHC’s information technology.
- Either personally or through Analytic Support staff, work to enable sound governance practices with demonstrable benefit to HPHC. Examples of such opportunities include:
- Personnel management
- Cultivate a skilled and inclusive workforce. Mentor staff. Strive to create enough staff capacity to meet the requirements of all appropriate corporate initiatives, plus CIM initiatives, plus provide rapid response to ad hoc requests.
- Ensure that Analytic Support staff, collectively, exhibit mastery over our core competencies:
- Business and data analysis
- Business intelligence methods and tools
- Ability to acquire new skills rapidly
- Business requirements analysis
- Application architecture
- Technical requirements analysis
- Project and program oversight
- Test methodology
- Through the annual performance management process, ensure that each Analytic Support staff member has a measurable and achievable set of performance objectives that align with corporate strategic directions and priorities.
- Through the annual performance management process, ensure that each Analytic Support staff member has at least one measurable and achievable professional development objective.
- Manage the relationship with Northeastern University’s MBA Career Center and oversee the hiring and supervision of Corporate Residents.
- Give appropriate visibility to the accomplishments of the Analytic Support staff.
- Master’s in Data Analytics or equivalent advanced degree
- 3 years’ experience related experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of data warehousing concepts; hands-on experience as a consumer of data warehouse capabilities; technical competence in data warehousing.
- Solid background in healthcare administration preferably spanning both health services/care management and finance.
- Proven ability to advance multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent project management skills; experience in software development life cycle management.
- Ability to interact with business leadership at all levels of HPHC.
- Prior sales or sales support experience is helpful.
- Working knowledge of SQL is helpful.
- A high-energy individual who can shift easily between leadership and individual contributor roles.
- Values collaborative, consensus-oriented decision-making but is decisive when necessary.
- Skillful in the exercise of influence.
- Has a strong bias for action, coupled with an appreciation for sound planning.
- Team player committed to quality process and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a matrixed environment.
- Committed to maintaining transparency in planning and delivery activities.
- Has a solid track record of earning the respect of his or her peers.
Normal office environment. Must have the ability to travel between HPHC locations as required by the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees — including remote employees — must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
About the Company
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R5234
Wednesday, March 15, 2023