Bilingual Community Outreach Specialist
- Canton, MA
Educate and be highly visible in the 65+ Community in order to promote Tufts Health Plan, Senior Care Options Plan (THP SCO), and its benefits that lead to the enrollment of new members. Education will be given to prospects and their caregivers, Community Health Centers, Providers, local Elder Services, Councils on Aging, Housing Authorities, Senior Centers and SHINE Counselors. The primary objective of this position is to identify prospective SCO-eligible members, explain the features and benefits of the plan in an assigned territory/marketplace, and assist with enrollment into the plan. Successful candidates generate leads from a variety of sources including networking, account management, grassroots sources as well as from member referrals.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Effectively present the THP SCO Program and its benefits to the 65+ MassHealth populations residing in the Community.
- Meet or exceed enrollment goals within an assigned territory; using a full sales mix of outreach & sales activities Conduct group and/or individual sales presentations and enroll eligible prospects on site as often as possible
- Primary activities include: community-based lead generation, developing partnership based relationships with providers, community-based-organizations, senior housings, senior centers, advocacy agencies, etc. Other outreach & sales activities include: conducting sales meetings, in-homes, conversion meetings, lead meeting, special events, developing referrals and having regular business reviews with accounts.
- Perform lead follow up and qualification calls to interested individuals to explain the purpose and benefits of THP SCO and scheduling home visits to meet with prospects.
- Maintain lead tracking and sales database for all sales activity and consumer interactions performed.
- Submit completed enrollment applications in a timely basis.
- Coordinate and develop relationship with key community groups to allow THP SCO to participate in community-sponsored events.
- Represent THP SCO at community/company-sponsored events to promote the company and the plan, raise awareness, network and generate leads.
- Develop and implement a business plan within his/her assigned territory.
- Provide weekly activity plans, result summaries and monthly expense reports.
- Know provider networks (physician, hospital and pharmacy) within assigned territories.
- Maintain good working knowledge of competitor products in the market
- Represent THP SCO in a manner consistent with stated company values and departmental Code of Ethics
- Adhere to company and departmental policies and procedures, including abiding to all CMS and EOHHS guidelines.
- 100% compliance with completion of all required certifications, licensing, continued education, policy acknowledgement and work plan documents within dates of completion requirements.
- Submit completed enrollment applications in a timely basis
- Successfully complete annual product training, AHIP certification and additional training and/or certification that may be required
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience selling Medicare Advantage products or relevant sales experience with a track record of success.
- Experience in community-based sales and marketing desirable. Experience working with the elderly is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to make public presentations and experience networking/generating leads a must.
- Strong consultative selling and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with MassHealth is a plus
- Medicaid, Medicare and/or Long Term Care industry knowledge helpful.
- Excellent time management, organizational, verbal and written communications skills and strong follow-up skills using telesales techniques is required.
- High degree of planning, problem solving and good analytical skills required.
- Initiative and judgment required to successfully fulfill all job functions of multi-faceted position with minimal supervision.
- Must have ability to work cooperatively as a team member, and to interact professionally and effectively with managers and staff of internal departments at Tufts Health Plan in order to handle customer/member issues. Also must maintain excellent relationships with external partners.
- Language skills: Bilingual required. Albanian, Russian, or Hindi preferred.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in use of the internet, web-based applications and Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Insurance License: Must have a current, active Health Producer license for the state of Massachusetts or agreement to obtain within 90 days of hire.
Working Conditions and Additional Requirements:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be highly motivated.
- Organizational skills must be excellent to balance many components of job.
- Must have reliable car and be able to drive and carry heavy materials to appointments and special events.
- Demands a very high energy and patience level and must be able to stand for up to 4-6 hours at special events.
- Works 80% of the time on the road, and 20% of the time in the office with a minimum combined 40 hour work week.
- Local travel and ability to drive own car is required.
- Job may require early morning, evening or weekend hours.
All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy and department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Company
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
TalentBoost is now Ignyte AI.
This job has been posted by Ignyte AI on behalf of Point32Health. Ignyte AI is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of Ignyte AI not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R5006
Monday, May 22, 2023