- Binghamton, NY
Avangrid is seeking a Construction Manager to join their team in Binghamton, NY location.
The Construction Manager is responsible for coordinating construction and commissioning (functional testing included) activities between several projects, with objectives of safety, quality, timeliness and
cost effective completion on behalf of the Affiliates of AVANGRID located in Maine, New York, and Connecticut.
- Provide management and responsibility for performance of Field Construction Managers for the construction and commissioning of electric lines and substation projects.
- Determines the contract resource requirements, service specifications and manages contractor performance.
- Work with Field Construction Managers related to coordination of field inspections and sign offs for construction projects including environmental or agricultural.
- Ensure all functional testing is complete at job sites in preparation of commissioning of the facilities.
- Manage performance of outsourced Construction companies to ensure adherence to safety, quality, schedules, budgets, cost effective means and methods.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and under budget.
- Develop, review, and evaluate contracts and agreements affecting the project execution and functional area operations and make appropriate recommendations.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with permit conditions.
- Lead resolution in a timely manner to proactively resolve problems and coordinate activities with the field construction managers.
- Responsible to works with project team ensure that construction management is integrated into the planning, scheduling, cost tracking, construction, installation, sequencing and testing and commissioning, and acceptance activities.
- Ensure Field Construction Managers obtain all construction materials and material handling plans are established and properly managed and reported.
- Responsible for the coordination of construction schedules with the other functional areas within the company.
- Provides constructability feedback on electrical, mechanical, protection and civil construction standards.
- Research, recommend, and implement changes as necessary to be aligned with AVANGRID Standards and Business Area goals and objectives.
- Responsible for timely resolution of disputes and prioritize business requirements to ensure projects are completed on time and under budget.
- Provide accurate inputs related to the budget process to providing field estimates, resource needs, and oversight of the construction budget.
- Participate in the construction projects negotiations and joint planning efforts with other utilities.
- Lead overall site activities address or remedy electrical system emergencies as necessary.
- Proactively identify construction risk during the planning, execution and construction phases and eliminate risks and execute risk mitigation plans.
- Perform special studies, alternatives and risk analyses and cost estimates as necessary.
- Adhere to company policies, programs, and procedures as well as Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), New England and New York Independent System Operators.
- Safety: Maintain safety awareness and ensure contractors comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures to assure a safe working environment at the construction site. Properly wear and care for applicable safety gear and equipment. Identify and communicate unsafe conditions to Contractors, Project Manager and assure safety concerns and issues are resolved.
- Ensure all field construction managers are managing the project and construction resources within the schedule and budget.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Construction Management with 7 years relevant experience preferred
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience or High School/GED with the completion of the relevant progression program and 15 years relevant experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive related electric utility industry experience, with electric line or substation facilities construction management experience preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Extensive knowledge of construction management practices applicable to electrical utility lines and substation construction including commissioning of electrical equipment
- Extensive knowledge of interconnected electrical system operations
- Knowledge of government regulations, including OSHA, NESC, NEC and industry codes affecting electric utilities
- Knowledge of contract preparation, negotiations, and administration
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and administration
- Working knowledge of best practices in safety policies and procedures
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to travel to construction sites on a day to day basis, attend meetings
- Demonstrated ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical drawings, and technical manuals
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including correspondence, reports, and other business documents
- Effective leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Results oriented
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022