R&D Programmer, Feature Animation (USA)
- Undisclosed, USA
R&D Programmer, CG Animated Film Studio (USA)
A client of Talent Outpost’s is looking for a R&D Programmer, preferably with experience of CG animation or vfx feature films, to be involved in their multiple technology projects.
Providing custom software for the production of computer animated movies. This custom software is used in most aspects of the CG pipeline including modeling, animation, special effects, image processing and rendering. It solves problems for which no off-the-shelf solutions are available.
- Design, develop, debug and maintain software, written mostly in C++ and Python, using state-of-the art algorithms and procedures.
- Software may be stand-alone or plug-ins to third-party packages such as Maya, Houdini and Nuke.
- Write documentation, demonstrate and instruct production staff on use of software.
- Stay current with advancements in relevant fields.
- Research possible new methods to improve quality of CG product, to improve productivity of CG production staff or to improve software development itself.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Education: MS or PhD in Computer Science, Physics or Math preferred.
- Experience: strong programming experience in Computer Graphics / Vision, Physics or Math.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Strong organizational and time management discipline.
- Ability to discuss and explain technical issues with non-technical production staff
- Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to artistic considerations when developing software.
- Operate professionally and effectively in stressful situations.
Monday, September 24, 2018