Strategic Education Inc.
- Remote, MN
4 Remote Contract Positions
30 - 40 hrs / wk
July 2020 - September 30, 2020
Are you an instructional technologist with strong attention to detail and experience building courses in Blackboard?
About Our Client
Strategic Education Inc., the parent organization for Strayer University and Capella University, believes mobility is powered by education. They’re on a mission to create relevant and meaningful educational opportunities that help working adults advance in their careers and transform their lives.
The Instructional Technologist will build technically accurate online higher education courses. You will collaborate with a multifunctional team of learning designers, graphic designers, project managers, and other stakeholders to create, revise and update online curriculum to new standards. Our ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience as a learning/instructional technologist or LMS administrator in higher education, experience with production workflows, skill in eLearning software, and basic coding skills.
- Collaborate with learning designers, graphic designers, SMEs, and stakeholders to develop, revise, and update online courses
- Build online learning courses according to defined LMS and style guide specifications in BlackBoard LMS
- Optimize the course for maximum usability
- Participate in quality assurance reviews and functionality and usability testing
- Manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively and proactively
- Knowledge in educational technology tools and systems, Blackboard experience required
- Experience integrating learning tools, building online courses, and evaluating and testing technological solutions
- Basic coding skills highly preferred
- Proficiency in Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Ability to think critically about tasks and make recommendations that improve the student experience
- Track record in managing time effectively to complete multiple projects on time and according to standards
- Demonstrated ability to produce error-free work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively work with a multifunctional and geographically dispersed team
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passionate about digitally-enabled learning and eager to grow and learn
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant field
Wednesday, June 17, 2020