Product Manager (Entry level)
- Harwood Heights, IL
Product Manager (Entry Level)
Harwood Heights, IL
Due to growth, our client is hiring an entry-level Product Manager!
Responsibilities of the Product Manager (Entry Level)
- Learn about product costing and margins and apply your education to develop effective pricing strategies for feature driven and in-house engineered consumer products.
- Be able to understand consumer behavior when purchasing and essentially understand how they think when making purchasing decisions.
- Review with the in-house marketing and engineering design teams what the buyers at consumer retail companies such as Walmart are looking for in terms of what consumers want from a new product standpoint.
- Follow consumer technology trends including for in-home and home office applications.
- Identify areas of white space, that is, areas with a lack of products in it and assist to develop the roadmaps for untapped potential to uncover new audiences, product improvements, or other business opportunities.
- Be comfortable with data entry and software-based tools to be used for marketing purposes and other means.
- Be able to manage samples, test products, evaluate competitive shops, communicate well with the factories, create specification sheets for new product development.
- Put your marketing hat on in order to understand how best to sell the product including with MS PowerPoint presentations and via packaging and instruction sheets.
Requirements of the Product Manager (Entry Level)
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, business or similar type of area.
- Be proficient with the use of MS Office including PowerPoint.
- One or more years of combined internship, Co-Op or full-time experience is a plus but not required.
- Working through college at a retail store while earning your degree is a plus.
- Some travel including possibly internationally may be required.
- Excellent benefits including retirement and health insurance!
Compensation for the Product Manager (Entry level)
The targeted annual starting salary for this position ranges from $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 depending on experience.
Wednesday, March 1, 2023