Metal Stamping Progressive Die Designer
- Chicago, IL
Die Designer Chicago, IL
Currently looking for a Die Designer to fill a direct hire opening with a company in Chicago, IL. Interested candidates should have at least one year of metal stamping progressive die design experience as an absolute minimum.
Responsibilities of the Die Designer
- Design multi-station blank-through, parting and chop-off progressive dies for metal stamping punch presses and other presses such as Bihler's, Bruderer's and OBI's.
- Use Solid Edge, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or other CAD systems.
- Apply your understanding of bend allowances, strip layouts, tonnage calculations, cut relief, tool steels such as 01, A2 and D2 and other aspects specific to die design.
- Develop cost reductions such as learning to incorporate in-die sensors or in die tapping by working with outside tooling suppliers to automate the presses if feasible.
- Quote cycle times and tooling costs for new business.
- Serve as liaison working with customers to solve metal stamping challenges.
Requirements of the Die Designer
Compensation of the Die Designer
The targeted annual base salary for this first shift position ranges from $65,000 to $95,000 per year depending on experience plus OT.
Wednesday, October 11, 2023