- Chicago, IL
Quality Engineer Chicago, IL
Currently looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to fill an opening with a company in Chicago, IL. Interested candidates should have at least one year of quality experience in manufacturing and be promotable.
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer
- Be responsible for the maintenance of quality system documents pertaining to IATF 16949
- Utilize problem-solving methodologies such as Fishbone diagrams, 5 Why's, PDCA and 8D Corrective Actions
- Handle internal and external auditing as needed to support the quality system
- Promptly lead an MRB team to address any quality issues that may arise for parts that may be subject to quarantine and potential disposition
- Serve as a quality liaison with the customers both internally and externally for training and execution to meet quality objectives
- Facilitate and maintain PFMEA's, PPAP's, quality control plans, process flows, work instructions and other quality documentation
- Apply your familiarity with metrology such as the use of optical comparators, depth micrometers, Vernier calipers and gage blocks.
- Be on the floor and in the lab training personnel on quality systems and techniques as needed
- Verify that lab equipment is properly calibrated and be accountable for the veracity of all relevant calibration master logs
Requirements of the Quality Engineer
- At least one year of quality engineering experience in manufacturing
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Metallurgical or Industrial Engineering or similar engineering type of technical discipline is a plus
- A proficiency with MS Office is a plus
- A TS16949 and/or IATF automotive background is a plus but not required
- Willingness to do what is needed to get the job done on-time and being committed to a passion for quality
Compensation for the Quality Engineer
The targeted annual base salary for this first shift position ranges from $65,000 to $95,000 depending on experience.
Thursday, September 30, 2021