Fastener Tooling Engineer (Remote)
- Chicago, IL
Fastener Tooling Engineer (Remote) Chicago, IL
Currently looking for a Fastener Tooling Engineer to fill an opening with a fastener manufacturing company in Chicago, IL. One or more years of fastener experience is required and can include internship work. Five or more years of experience is a plus.
Responsibilities of the Fastener Tooling Engineer (Remote)
- Use AutoCAD or SolidWorks to design and update the tool designs as needed for multi-die and single-die colder headers such as Nedschroef, Sacma, Nationals and Nakashimadas. 6 die, 6 blow is a plus!
- Apply your working familiarity with single die, two blow and two die, three blow cold heading machine operation for cold headed fastener, screw and bolt production.
- Plan to utilize S.M.E.D. Single Minute Exchange of Dies principles into your tooling designs to reduce manufacturing costs of the fasteners.
- Become familiar with productivity improvement potential of using simplified tooling to reduce setup times on secondaries such as Warren, Saspi's, Hartford and Waterbury's brands including slotters, trimmers, pointers, shavers and roll threaders.
- Develop tooling setup instructions if required for proper machine operations.
Requirements of the Fastener Tooling Engineer (Remote)
- At least one year of manufacturing engineering or similar experience in the fastener manufacturing industry.
- A Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical discipline is a plus but not required.
- Position can be contract-to-hire or direct hire and can be remote from anywhere in the US.
Compensation for the Fastener Tooling Engineer (Remote)
The starting annual salary for this position ranges from $65,000 to $90,000 depending on experience.
Tuesday, September 28, 2021