- Hudson, MA
Temescal Wellness is a multi-state portfolio of cannabis companies. We operate dispensaries, cultivate cannabis plants, manufacture products, and develop product brands. Founded in 2015 by Ted Rebholz, Temescal is privately-held and, as of 2018: runs two dispensaries and a cultivation-and-manufacturing facility in New Hampshire; is building-out three dispensaries and a cultivation-and-manufacturing facility in Massachusetts; runs one dispensary and a cultivation-and-manufacturing facility in Maryland; and owns two, revenue-generating cannabis product companies. Temescal Wellness will continue to expand its product brands and its cultivation, manufacturing and retail locations nationwide.
The Sales Director will focus on maximizing sales and gross profit in Massachusetts and will report to the CEO-Founder. The Sales Director will work with executive management to set strategy, objectives and targets, will work independently to identify target accounts and win Purchase Orders, and will collaborate with sales, marketing and production teammates to ensure satisfaction of all accounts.
The Sales Director will be a self-starter with a proven ability to win new accounts with new consumer products. The Sales Director will also have a positive track record of working with production and fulfillment colleagues to maintain customer satisfaction. The Sales Director will share our passion for wellness, our commitment to quality and our unrivaled obsession with building enterprises that create sustainable, long-term value for employees, patients, communities and owners. The candidate will earn compensation that is closely tied to her or his performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sales. Understand relevant regulations and retail and wholesale account product needs; identify leads; win meetings; generate Purchase Orders and long-term contracts; identify and preempt ongoing account needs. The Sales Director will sell intermediate inputs (e.g., cannabis flower, trim and kief; extractions) to processors and finished goods (e.g., packaged flower; extractions; infusions, including edibles, capsules and transdermal patches) to retailers.
- Customer Service. Work constructively with production and fulfillment to meet account expectations; communicate sales forecast needs for all accounts over a multi-month timeframe.
- Strategy. Project sales, set targets, contribute to decision-making with market and competitive intelligence and generate ideas for: customer segmentation; emerging preferences; new promotions; operating efficiencies to strengthen gross profit; and new products.
Experience & Qualifications
- Several years of outside, business-to-business sales, with a demonstrated track record of winning new retailers and / or manufacturers as customer accounts. Experience in a sales role in health care, consumer packaged goods or in the legal cannabis industry is preferred.
- Passion to work in an industry with positive societal impact.
- Self-starter who understands relevant state regulations and product categories. Highly-motivated, resourceful and comfortable working in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment. Tenacious and creative.
- Demonstrated ability to build a variety of new relationships, both with sales prospects and with other industry stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to project sales, set targets and to work proactively with production and marketing support resources to reach sales and gross profit objectives. Does not merely identify problems, but formulates appropriate solutions, builds consensus and ensures accountability. Able to persuade management peers to take a recommended course of action. Excellent verbal and writing skills and can exercise appropriate business judgment and tact to deal effectively with a wide range of issues. Highly-responsive, with strong attention to detail and a consistently right-sized sense of urgency.
- Mastery of, or willingness to learn, various software programs, including especially cloud-based productivity and collaboration tools (e.g., Google calendar, Drive).
- Can pass criminal background checks typically required by state cannabis regulations.
- Resume, including sales track record (e.g., number and size of new accounts won, new revenue generated, account attrition)
- Cover letter, including motivations for working in the cannabis industry and long-term career goals
Compensation & Location. Compensation will include a base salary and commissions, with On-Target Earnings (OTE) of $150K/year, plus employer-subsidized medical, vision and dental benefits. Temescal Wellness is already a multi-state operator that will continue to expand into other states and high performers may, over time and with consistently superior performance, be eligible for profit-sharing. For non-hourly employees, Temescal has an unlimited PTO policy.
Temescal Wellness is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by law.
Wednesday, June 6, 2018