Vancoast Industries is a marijuana seed company. We are looking for an enthusiastic brand ambassador to represent us in the US market. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the development and popularization of our major and up-and-coming brands, such as Crop King Seeds, Sonoma Seeds, Sunwest Genetics and more. This full-time position requires travel around the country to tradeshows as our brand spokesperson as well as occasionally visiting our main office in Vancouver, BC. The primary goal of this position is to increase our company’s brand awareness and generate new sales opportunities. Ultimately, we will be creating an office in the United States to facilitate our growth, after which the job will expand into a managerial role.
- Post about our products/services online
- Create, share and respond to online reviews
- Participate in trade shows as a spokesperson for our company
- Network and build trusting relationships with potential customers
- Thoroughly understand our products and brands to inform potential customers
- Use word-of-mouth marketing techniques
- Monitor online comments and respond or forward to the marketing department
- Assist in organizing marketing events
- Track customers preferences and suggest advertising and positioning ideas
- Provide feedback to the main office regarding customers’ requests
- Track and report on competitors’ marketing activities
- Pursue active and present customers to maintain good relations
- Oversee daily operations of the US business office
- Oversee recruitment and training of key hires; communicate values, strategies, and objectives; assign accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Develop strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplish subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field;
2+ years experience in marketing or advertising;
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
Active presence on social media a plus;
Ability to learn product details and USPs quickly and translate what you’ve learned to content marketing strategies;
Familiarity with metric tracking;
Proven work experience as a Brand Ambassador, Promoter or similar role;
Outgoing, friendly personality, and a desire to meet new people;
Experience in retail sales a plus.