Experienced Structured Cabling Estimator
TBE Staffing Solutions
- Frisco, TX
Position Summary: Structured Cabling Estimator focuses on Network, IT, Low Voltage and copper and fiber Structured Cabling systems. He or she is responsible for the design and documentation of IT, Datacom, Audio Visual, Security and other low voltage systems necessary to satisfy the technical requirements for a variety of corporate, educations and institutional projects throughout the Texas and eventually the United States.
The Structured Cabling Estimator works directly with our CEO and the Project Managers. This position offers immense opportunity and autonomy to grow within the organization and work closely with key players - internal and external. It is a fast-paced role requiring much attention to detail, a can-do attitude, and the ability to quickly turnaround key deliverables.
- Education [HS diploma or equivalent] and demonstrated practical experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Structured Cabling Systems
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an Estimator or Engineer role
- Computer Skills - Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Additional Skills – AutoCAD a plus, Blueprints, and Online Estimator Programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Provide expert technical knowledge, management and oversight on telecommunications, IT and low voltage systems for major projects and clients
- Develop cost-competitive proposals for scope and attend client interviews/presentations.
- Perform site visits for documentation and cost estimating of the existing system and building conditions.
- Coordinate system scope, design layout and drawings with the client and other disciplines e.g. OEMs, GCs, vendors, etc.
- Perform telecommunications, IT and low voltage systems analyses and develop appropriate system concepts and layouts.
- Layout and design telecommunications systems, as well as, voice, data, structured cabling (horizontal and vertical), security, access control, intrusion detection, and other low voltage systems.
- Document construction drawings with design concepts suitable for plan check, bidding, and construction.
- Oversee projects from inception through the final transition to the client working with senior management, client representatives and subcontractors to ensure the project schedules and resources remain in check.
- Mentor and train other staff members.
- Prepare technical specifications
- Review and evaluate shop drawings and product submittals.
- Visit construction sites to inspect work in progress or completed.
- Prepare Design Analysis and Engineering reports.
- Provide design and production support for other project-related tasks such as lighting and power design.
- Achieve and maintain productivity and quality performance standards established by the Company.
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops practical alternative solutions.
- Oral Communication Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and provides clarification, when necessary.
- Teamwork- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Technical - Ability to learn new software packages as required; good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Sunday, August 1, 2021
$21.00 to $26.00 per hour