The Hiring Advisors
- Culver City, CA
Our client is a fast growing, pre-IPO consumer products company. Our client is a fast growing, pre-IPO consumer products company. The Assistant Controller will report to the VP of Accounting and assist with the delivering accurate and timely reporting of all financials (month, quarter, year end) in accordance with US GAAP. Our revenue is primarily comprised of both direct consumer purchasing and leasing activity, in accordance with ASC 606.
We looking for an experienced Assistant Controller with strong understanding of accrual accounting, hands on GAAP.
We are looking for someone who is hardworking, motivated and able to interact with inter and intra-departmental team members. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, detail oriented, hands–on, dependable, able to multi-task, a fast learner, and able to have fun while working in a fast paced environment. We provide an attractive environment for career development in a fast growing company.
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and GAAP methodologies
- Create, maintain accurate and timely monthly financial reports (PL, BS, CF) to executive committee and Board
- Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Lead and guide all operations of the finance/accounting department, including accounts payable, AR, billings collections, and payroll and taxes
- Drive close, improve close process, run check list and reduce close days
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet
- Reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Enhance monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is well forecasted 12 months out and collections are punctual
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts by department and monitor them on a monthly basis
- Work with CFO to recast historical financials with accrual based accounting, and establishing proper process, procedures and controls
- 5-6 yrs accounting experience
- Public Accounting Experience
- INVENTORY Experience
- Expert at Quickbooks, can do entries
- Run close process, procedures, reconciliations and produce audit ready financials on his/her own
- Experience converting cash to accrual accounting
- Can lead a team of accountants to close AR, AP, cash, close books, solve discrepancy issues proactively
- Extremely detail oriented and highly communicative
Monday, January 21, 2019