The Hiring Advisors
- San Francisco, CA
High Growth early stage, B2B SaaS company seeking a first time Controller to join their global operations team and report to the CFO.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Corporate Controller that can build a world-class accounting team and support in current and future growth. The Corporate Controller will work directly with the CFO and have a high level of visibility with the executive team. This role will lead all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, management of the external audit, and taxation, as well as the development and administration of internal control procedures. Candidates must possess the ability to create, develop and coach high performing teams and act as a strong collaborative partner across departments.
- Develop, recruit and train a strong accounting team that can scale
- Lead the accounting team in oversight and development of company-wide accounting policies and controls consistent with SEC, GAAP, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Develop processes as well as systems and tools for corporate accounting, international accounting, internal controls, consolidations, reporting, technical accounting, billing/credit/collections, cash management, procure to pay, and payroll
- Work with CFO to manage corporate budgeting and forecasting process
- Act as a trusted partner and advisor to the CFO and executive team across strategy and day-to-day financial and accounting operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting and a CPA required
- Previous Big 4 / CPA experience mandatory
- Private and Public company experience preferred
- Minimum 10 years of accounting and controls experience, SaaS experience preferred
- ASC606 Rev Rec Experience preferred.
- Experience leading implementations such as ERP, cash management, spend management, forecasting, and others
- Strong knowledge of financial activities, policies and processes, including consolidations, Sarbanes-Oxley, and US GAAP compliance
- Experience with international accounting practices and operations
- Successful development and leadership of a high performing results-focused accounting team
- Experience interacting with internal and external senior level executives including Audit Committees and Board of Directors
- Passion for fast-paced entrepreneurial work environments
Wednesday, August 28, 2019