The Pegasus Agency
- Parsippany, NJ
Technical Field Support Specialist
Parsippany, NJ (Remote)
The Field Technician is responsible for onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology - including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Onsite install of preconfigured hardware (workstations and network equipment)
- Onsite diagnostics of existing hardware
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science, or a related field.
- MSP experience preferred but not required.
- 1-2+ years of IT experience.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP
Wednesday, November 11, 2020