AWS Cloud Architect
The Pegasus Agency
- Atlanta, GA
AWS Cloud Architect
The Senior AWS Cloud Architect will be part of the Cloud infrastructure team and assist the application development teams in planning, designing, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the cloud. The architect will work on complex application and infrastructure landscapes and be expected to provide expertise to teams with little cloud experience. Oversee operations and recommend best practices for cloud infrastructure and align with our Hybrid Cloud Strategy. The architect will also be responsible for defining cloud standards and best practices that the teams should follow.
Our Cloud Infrastructure team is obsessed about bringing strong success for the application development teams. The team collaborates across the entire organization to bring the right solution to our customers and drive innovation.
- Requires the supervision of 1 - 12 external resources and 0-2 internal resources.
- Responsibilities include adhering to the administration of Human Resources policies and procedures by interviewing, recommending hiring, training requirements, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating team/individual, appraising performance, developing team/individual plans for technical and professional skills, recommending rewards and disciplinary actions (addressing complaints, resolving problems, recommending terminations).
- Play a lead role in influencing the department and team cloud strategy
- Lead the cloud operations team supporting a cloud platform responsible for cloud native workloads and infrastructure
- Work as a technical leader helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services.
- Perform the role of Cloud Solutions Architect.
- Participate in Enterprise Architecture definition and roadmap.
- Determine the best technologies and software to fit a solution and define standard patterns for cloud enablement
- Lead cloud team growth by crafting creative solutions, developing thought leadership in the DevOps community, and leading teams.
- Make decisions on complex issues regarding technical approach for cloud related topics
- Work with both infrastructure and application development teams and oversee Cloud operations and availability as per service level agreements.
- Lead technical teams through deployments of complex infrastructure and applications utilizing custom code and services involving several teams and business stakeholders
- Design, plan, and implement cloud architecture and cloud native infrastructure solution based on security standards
- Develop specifications and standards for cloud related services and platforms to ensure consistence and integration across products and services in the organization
- Design infrastructure automation and operational services and capabilities including networking, vms, cloud services, data services, etc.
- Develop Infrastructure as Code solutions utilizing technologies like Terraform and Ansible for fully code driven environments
- Design and build self service solutions for development teams to empower team autonomy
- Ensure effective business recovery procedures are in place and tested.
- Work closely with both executive management and business and IT stakeholders to design solutions that meet business requirements and result in innovation business solutions
- Work in collaboration with global, regional and local network teams.
- Educate IT colleagues and teams on cloud technologies through workshops and blog posts
- Work with other Hybrid Cloud teams in other regions and develop future strategies for Cloud. Ensure chosen hybrid architecture supports current production volumes and is scalable for future growth.
- Perform proof of concepts and evaluate new Cloud technologies and services.
- Agile software development and DevOps. Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration/delivery and automated provisioning of services.
- Bachelor’s Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in: Engineering, Computer/Information Science
- Masters Degree preferred (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in: Business, Computing, Engineering
Must have 8 + years (total) of experience in the following:
- Technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- IT operations support
Must have 4 + years (total) of experience in the following:
- IT Infrastructure
- Cloud native workloads and Providers such as Azure or AWS
- Cloud architecture design and implementation
- Hands on experience supporting enterprise class IT infrastructure and applications
Must have 3+ years (total) of experience in the following:
- Application programming/scripting
- Leading teams of at least 3 engineers or more
- Infrastructure as Code development with tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, or ARM
- CICD Toolchain management with tools such as Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, etc..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and building applications using cloud services.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
- Experience with continuous integration tools and continuous delivery pipeline (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems.
- Experience in IT security standards.
- Practical knowledge and experience with Agile and SAFE principles and processes.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to support deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- Demonstrate ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts
- Ability to collaborate with a team working across multiple locations
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Strong ability to communicate with stakeholders on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.
Wednesday, October 21, 2020