SQL Server Developer / Administrator
The Pegasus Agency
- Jersey City, NJ
SQL Server Administrator/Developer
Remote / Jersey City / Dallas
The Financial Systems SQL Administrator/Developer is responsible for the SQL Server instances that support our corporate Finance/Treasury platforms including Cognos, Hyperion, and Dynamics.
We are seeking an experienced SQL Server administrator/developer who will be responsible for the technical and operational database administration, maintenance and operations of multiple servers and databases in Dev, Test and Production environments. In addition to DBA responsibilities, the candidate will help manage the company’s Planning, Reporting, Accounting and BI/Analytics systems supporting the Corporate Finance organization.
Position entails all aspects of database design, designing for high availability, performance monitoring, query tuning, backup and recovery from data domain using various tools, scripting, software installation and upgrades, and troubleshooting. Must have hands-on experience working on multi cloud platform environment and partnering with other operations teams to maximize availability in current and planned systems.
- Work closely with key members of the Finance, Treasury, and IT teams to comprehend specific business challenges, incorporating these into the technology solutions supporting the organization.
- Develop technology specifications for new database servers in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders. Verify that the delivered products meet all the provided specifications and have been tested and certified prior to being placed into the production environment.
- Hands on architecture, management, support, and analysis of large cloud-based and on-premises database platforms. Activities would include: database design, creation, maintenance and operations, security configuration, performance monitoring and tuning, operational efficiency and effectiveness metrics, data access strategy.
- Installation of additional database components and interfaces as required.
- Responsible for database patching and failover activities required during pre-defined and emergency maintenance windows. Provide guidance and support during operating system patching, security, maintenance, and support activities.
- Work with the application team to develop, implement, and monitor standards and procedures to ensure optimum database performance, scalability and reliability.
- Leverage monitoring tools and analytics to provide continuous visibility into the inter-workings of the platform, generate insight with regards to enhancing performance, provide proactive analysis and support, and ensure optimal resource utilization and performance.
- Support for clustered, high-availability architectures and deployments providing high resiliency and enabling the business continuity strategy. Falling into this category would be transaction log management, backup and recovery activities (instantiation, staging, execution, monitoring, regular testing, and documentation)
- Develop complex SQL queries, database views, tables, partitions, indexes, stored procedures, etc. for supporting operations and maintenance processes and tasks.
- Support multiple servers and databases of high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data.
- Develop and implement security standards and policies.
- Perform system optimization and improvement planning including but not limited to SQL Server database performance analysis, capacity planning and ongoing maintenance.
- Provide backup and restore support for production databases.
- Identify, troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate issues that affect the systems, servers and database related products.
- Create and manage data models for advanced analytics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Profile:
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate vision that aligns with the IT and business strategy.
- Ability to build a strong partnership with colleagues and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Excellent analytical, technical, strategic, and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies in their field of expertise. Should include experience in establishing best policies and practices for successful deployment.
- Prior experience with a broad set of information systems and technology infrastructures, which could include three or more of the following: telecom, network, database, email, and customer facing systems, data center operations, proven large-scale 24x7 operations expertise, outsourcing, and international technology operations, and managing IT vendors.
- Prior experience with technology infrastructures in a public cloud environment, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, including supporting applications built in the cloud and migrating applications into the public cloud.
- Prior experience interconnecting on-premise infrastructure with public cloud environments creating a hybrid cloud.
- Application of appropriate information security and regulatory or statutory compliance, including HIPAA, SOC, GDPR.
- Success in leveraging traditional best practices, such as ITSM, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing a high-performing ITSM environment and knowledge of ITSM best practices.
- Deliver effective service management through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service delivery.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the workforce.
- Demonstrated ability for planning, tracking, and analyzing progress on all aspects of technical projects.
- Proficient in SQL Reporting and Microsoft Development Tools and BI Tools
- Strong knowledge and experience utilizing ETL tools, techniques, interfaces and best practices to acquire and transmit information to and from a variety of systems and interfaces.
- Cognos, Hyperion, MS Dynamics skills and experience a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
- 5+ years, hands on experience as a senior DBA utilizing SQL Server environments, 2008 through 2016 at a minimum
- 5+ years experiencing creating, managing and maintain PowerShell scripting routines
- 3+ years of experience with design, develop, implement, enhance, and support several projects in the financial systems domain. These projects are directly related to Cognos, Microsoft Dynamics and Hyperion application platforms
- 3+ years of experience managing infrastructure and operations in a hosting or cloud service provider environment, preferably Azure and AWS.
- Knowledge of high availability architecture including clustering, data replication to a multi-site setup, transaction log shipping and database mirroring.
- Experience with SQL Database development and collaborating with application developers.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence offering products such as Analysis Services, Power BI, Reporting Services and Integration Services.
- Ability to work with members of our IT, Finance and Operations teams to understand the business and develop reporting and metrics to driver performance and efficiencies
- Experience in server build, installation, indexes, performance tuning, replication and maintenance best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with public cloud infrastructure and operations
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including ability to interact with department managers and leadership team.
- Highly self-motivated individual with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented IT environment.
Wednesday, December 2, 2020