IT Security Analyst
The Pegasus Agency
- Parsippany, NJ
IT Security Analyst
The candidate will report to the IT Security Manager and provide support to identify and remediate security threats and vulnerabilities as well as be involved in other aspects of network and cloud security. IT Security Analyst will assist in the management of security solutions as well as the maintenance of enterprise wide Threat and Vulnerability Management Program.
Additional responsibilities include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments. The IT Security Analyst is expected to be fully aware of the enterprise’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- As a part of the SIRT team investigate and respond to alerts and work with stakeholders as necessary to resolve issues.
- Under the supervision of Information Security Manager, schedule internal and external vulnerability scans and provide investigation and remediation efforts. Additionally, provide follow-up documentation as required by department and risk procedures.
- Monitor corporate security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Follow detailed operational processes and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised cloud and network security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures)
- Assist in the planning and design of Cloud and Network Security Threat and Vulnerability Management program
Technical and Functional
- At least one or more of the following certifications:
Tuesday, December 8, 2020