HR Retirement Benefits Specialist
The Pegasus Agency
- Atlanta, GA
HR Retirement Benefits Specialist
Sandy Spring, GA (Remote until Jan 2021)
12 months plus
Leading the design, vendor selection and implementation of retirement benefits programs. Ensure the benefits programs meet the needs of our customers in order to attract and retain the best talents in the industry. Ensure the proper administration and interpretation of the Company’s Benefit Programs for active employees and retirees.
- Manage day-to-day activities of outside vendors and consultants. Develop and foster relationships with vendors to ensure high quality programs and services which meet the company/affiliates and employees expectations. Establish and monitor performance results of third party providers and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Establish and monitor performance results of third party providers and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Manage benefit plans and research changes to plans based on needs of company, associates and regulatory requirements. Manage proposal and approval process for Benefits Plan Committee. Ensure plans are compliant with regulatory mandates. Educate Benefits Analysts and Retirement Administrator on benefit plans, retiree medical plans, premium reimbursement and assist team with the resolution of complicated requests/claims processing issues (Point of escalation).
- Manage retirement benefits communications to employees/retirees and affiliates including: plan summaries, retirement planning tools, disseminating legally required notices, Benefits webpage, etc. Develop communications strategies on an ongoing basis and ensure that published information is up to date.
- Partner with Legal to ensure proper administration of all benefit programs. Manage relationships and compliance with affiliate companies covered under MBUSA Plans. Work closely with internal and external departments to ensure proper administration and required reporting to Federal, State and Local Governmental Agencies of plan activity.
- Lead special projects (including continuous improvement initiatives) to help meet the business needs and budget objectives. The primary focus will be creating and implementing process changes that minimize manual processes and maximize automation and employee engagement.
Work closely with the Benefits Specialist Health and Welfare and assist in projects and initiatives.
- Authorize release of monthly pension and premium reimbursement payments.
- Complete annual pension and long-term disability plan valuations to ensure adequate company funding for these plans, confirm accuracy of files before submitting to actuaries.
- Calculate and initiate annual funding for the Retirement Income Plan.
- Manage all external audits related to retirement plans and processes.
Requirements and Conditions
- Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
• Occasional travel domestically
• Work holidays and weekends when required
Bachelor's Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in
• Business Administration / Business Management
• Human Resource Management
• Certified Employee Benefits Specialist Certification (CEBS) is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Must have 5 years of experience in the following:
• Business Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource management and efficiency & process methods
• Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for Benefits and HRIS.
• Vendor Management Knowledge of Agency/Vendor management
• Project Management
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills
• Strong analytic and decision making abilities
• Must be a team player, ability to influence others
Wednesday, August 12, 2020