Farmington Hills, MI
Job Description: Responsible for interacting with key business users to support the business intelligence needs. Responsibilities will include development of new dashboards/reports/cubes, production support (root cause analysis), ad-hoc reporting, and data warehouse/data mart support.
• Development of dashboards using Cognos Analytics and Tableau.
• Development of interactive and static reports as well Active Reports using Cognos toolset.
•Conversion of end user computing (e.g., MS Access, MS Excel, SAS) to automated reports and visualizations.
• Support special initiatives/projects assigned to the domain.
• Work with Data Warehouse team and business users as needed to define new data warehouse requirements needed for reporting and analytics, including gathering requirements, documenting requirements and data mappings, unit testing and user acceptance testing.
• Provide formal and informal reporting training for the user community.
8+ Years of experience, including
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Required experience: Advanced to expert level in the following skills
o SAS - Working experience in SAS with emphasis on extracting data, creating and transforming datasets, writing SAS macros, performing data analysis, authoring and formatting SAS reports. Ability to perform code reviews and design reviews are essential.
o Cognos Analytics and Congos 11 - BI Suite; including Cognos Analytics, Report Studio, Transformer, Powerplay, and Active Reports
o Tableau or comparable visualization tool
Preferred Experience with the following:
o Experience with ETL tools and/or ETL specifications
o MS Access including VBA