Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
The Pegasus Agency
- Farmington, MI
Linux/Unix System Administrator
Farmington Hills, MI
This position provides system support for all UNIX/Linux based software by implementing, monitoring and maintaining systems and application software running under UNIX/Linux. The position also works with software vendors to provide optimum system performance and availability.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains UNIX/Linux Operating System to provide optimum performance and system availability.
- Supports software vendor to ensure application software is installed correctly and all current maintenance levels have been applied.
- Creates and maintains environment for running batch jobs associated with daily batch cycle and batch reporting subsystem.
- Works with LAN personnel to ensure compatibility with LAN applications and peripheral hardware to provide end users with reliable and stable working environment.
- Supports and maintains other vendor database software installed on the LAN servers.
Minimum 5 years experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Systems or Information Technology
- Work experience on multiple platforms, with at least four years with the current platform
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of system configuration management and a broad understanding of the role of desired configuration as part of strategic organizational knowledge
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Ability to establish processes and automate them to track and implement system solutions
- Ability to modify system to meet new security requirements
- Ability to participate in setting strategic direction for system
- Viewed as an expert in the system by peers
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to details
- Proven ability to work both independently and in team environments
- Great organizational, communication, and documentation skills
Monday, November 2, 2020